WWII 88th Infantry Division Helmet

Here is an 88th ID helmet "Fighting Blue Devils" I was able to work a trade for recently. According to the story, it was recently found in a barn in Italy. Some of you may have already seen this posted on the WAF. I am using Stefanos pictures due to the dismal weather we're having today and the fact that they are good. Thanks for looking. Ron

post-4155-1254768072.jpg

donation2012.gif

Here is an 88th ID helmet "Fighting Blue Devils" I was able to work a trade for recently. According to the story, it was recently found in a barn in Italy. Some of you may have already seen this posted on the WAF. I am using Stefanos pictures due to the dismal weather we're having today and the fact that they are good. Thanks for looking. Ron

post-4155-1254768689.jpg

donation2012.gif

Nice :thumbsup:

Activly Selling All Items

All eras

VERY interested in M1 helmets, WWI victory medals, and I will do almost anything for real SOG gear or uniforms.

Email or PM with offers please.

Needing; Pin back CIB, two piece CIB, ANy odd CIB's, 41st Infantry Regiment DUI (old ones), 65th AFAB DUI

Please visit my website at DM1975.com

donation2007.gif

Thats sure nice, I tried trading for it also but you held the trump card!!.....nice aquisition!...Im glad to see it went to a member here and a good home!....mike :thumbsup:

Always looking for and buying 50's era 11th Airborne/ 187th ARCT/ 82nd Airborne tac mark painted jump helmets!

Activly Selling All Items

All eras

VERY interested in M1 helmets, WWI victory medals, and I will do almost anything for real SOG gear or uniforms.

Email or PM with offers please.

Needing; Pin back CIB, two piece CIB, ANy odd CIB's, 41st Infantry Regiment DUI (old ones), 65th AFAB DUI

Please visit my website at DM1975.com

donation2007.gif

M1A1-1944:

Great helmet -- where in Italy did the helmet surface? My cousin was in the 34th ID and later the 88th before shipping home. I am just curious because of my family connection to the unit. I have a photo of my cousin wearing his helmet liner which has the 88th insignia painted on it. A very neat piece -- you are fortunate to have such a great helmet in your collection.

Take care,

Ed

Rock, Frank, Sgt., Serial No. 409966.