rangers helmet on Ebay ...another one

Jamecharles

take a look here :ermm:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tres-rare-casque-us-...id=p3911.c0.m14

ITEM N:250505809277

did this helmet remember you something? :think:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...l=ranger+helmet

Helmet on ebay:

bbfwfwmkkgrhqihdyeqtngt.th.jpgbbfwmq2kkgrhqyhcqequn6m.th.jpgbbfwocg2kkgrhqqheqequqw.th.jpgbbfwqjb2kkgrhqihdyeqtng.th.jpg

Helmet in the topic:

post4731177610455.th.jpgpost4731177610469.th.jpgpost4731177610525.th.jpg

same black camo paint, same rank , same ranger diamond and officer white band on the back.... BUT .... TADAAAAN !!!

something new is appeared, an ''AMAZING'' scroll on the left where before there was nothing....

:thumbdown:

Uh another euro price catastrophe?! Seriously over 500 people?! Wake up already!

It's always funny how they are always officer helmets, and always a Lt. I mean, how many Lt's were there even, in the 2nd Rangers? Can't be many. The chances of finding an original are so rare, that if you did find one, it would almost likely, have to be a regular soldier, with diamond only, possibly some corporal rank or pfc as they sometimes do. But it just make's me laugh at how all the fakers keep doing officer or nco helmets.

Uh another euro price catastrophe?! Seriously over 500 people?! Wake up already!

It's always funny how they are always officer helmets, and always a Lt. I mean, how many Lt's were there even, in the 2nd Rangers? Can't be many. The chances of finding an original are so rare, that if you did find one, it would almost likely, have to be a regular soldier, with diamond only, possibly some corporal rank or pfc as they sometimes do. But it just make's me laugh at how all the fakers keep doing officer or nco helmets.

Perhaps they thought that a Captain insignia would be too obvious and this would make theirs "unique"?

Rob

I think it is amazing that the WWII Ranger BATTALION now-a-days seeems to have the same number of men as a CORPS,given the amount of helmets and other militaria supposedly all "named" or "attributed" to someone.

Oh, and god forbid the fakers get ahold of an original member of a Ranger Bn,82nd Abn,or 101st Abn div. Then, 20 helmets all named to said vet suppenly appear.

It's always funny how they are always officer helmets, and always a Lt. I mean, how many Lt's were there even, in the 2nd Rangers?

Blake it's over 1000 EURO :( poor winner ...

I think it is amazing that the WWII Ranger BATTALION now-a-days seeems to have the same number of men as a CORPS,given the amount of helmets and other militaria supposedly all "named" or "attributed" to someone.

Oh, and god forbid the fakers get ahold of an original member of a Ranger Bn,82nd Abn,or 101st Abn div. Then, 20 helmets all named to said vet suddenly appear.

And I cant believe people bid on these things knowing there are so many fakes out there.

The shame of it is, a friend of mine has a real one that turned up in the woods in KY years ago....but I'm not even interested in it beause no one will believe it any more.

The shame of it is, a friend of mine has a real one that turned up in the woods in KY years ago....but I'm not even interested in it beause no one will believe it any more.

If it is real, I wouldn't care what others thought.

Send him my way :D

Blake it's over 1000 EURO :( poor winner ...

1200 mate, it ended at. Very very sad, only on euro ebay. They need to wake up, but if they're happy to throw that type of cash away, not my worry.

Johan Willaert

That's why I have never posted mine.... No-one believes it, but at least I know where it came from....

That's why I have never posted mine.... No-one believes it, but at least I know where it came from....

Hi Johan.

Is this the one you got from Chris ?

If so, I know you got a good one, I know exactly from where and when it turned up.......

Hope you are keeping well

Kevin

Johan Willaert
Is this the one you got from Chris ?

If so, I know you got a good one, I know exactly from where and when it turned up.......

Yes, Kevin, the very one...

Not only what you told me about it, but also the marking and other details have been confirmed by WW2 pictures and other things...

wow now i''m really curious!!!

send some photos via pm :D if you want, i really want see it :D

Johan Willaert
wow now i''m really curious!!!

send some photos via pm :D if you want, i really want see it :D

I'll think about it...

Johan,

I reckon that must be something like nearly 20 yrs ago when that helmet surfaced, we certainly had it on show when Chris did the Rangers display at the hotel for the 50th D day anniversary, I still remember the moment I saw that helmet for the first time, talk about being in the right place,right time . Did Chris ever sell the Denison Smock that I found for him still in its original wartime wrapper ?

Kevin

Johan Willaert
Did Chris ever sell the Denison Smock that I found for him still in its original wartime wrapper ?

Actually I don't know, but I will ask next time I see him.... I think the entire collection's pretty well gone now...

Aah, the 50th in the Hotel in Grandcamp.... Those were the days...

Cheers,

Johan

88thcollector

hi,

there is a small US military museum in Charleston, SC near the battery that has a real one. It is ran by veterans and most of the exhibits just walked in and were donasted. They have his helmet and more on display.

Steve

88thcollector
hi,

there is a small US military museum in Charleston, SC near the battery that has a real one. It is ran by veterans and most of the exhibits just walked in and were donasted. They have his helmet and more on display.

Steve

Actually I don't know, but I will ask next time I see him.... I think the entire collection's pretty well gone now...

Aah, the 50th in the Hotel in Grandcamp.... Those were the days...

Cheers,

Johan

post-2662-1255458963.jpg

That reminded me of some photos I had stored away....... from the days when anything was possible and most stuff was real.......

Kevin