Tank Destroyer SSI and Insignia

Jim Baker

• 10 months later...

NE Italy WW2 last days  * Vicenza 1945 april 28

M18  & Sherman   I think

....armored column enters Vicenza arriving from Verona and will face the last fight in the city center suffering heavy losses

Vicenza Ingresso_americani.jpg

• 2 months later...
ocsfollowme

Here is a fun one. This was on a Boy Scouts uniform, Air Scouts, and it is altered in several ways.

1. The tank barrel was covered over by orange thread

2. Instructor cadet wings were sewn on top of the patch.

air scout td patch.png

• 2 weeks later...
WorldWarPatches

It took a long time to go through this thread making sure these have not been shown before posting some hard to find variations. 

K2969.jpg

K2969b.jpg

K2968.jpg

K2968b.jpg

K2970.jpg

K2970b.jpg

K2971.jpg

K2971b.jpg

K2972.jpg

K2972b.jpg

K2973.jpg

K2973b.jpg

easterneagle87

SIDE BAR...  two TD themed patches that appeared on ebay. The TOW missile patches is current, but the 238th patch has been sold.

TD Tow subdued.jpg

TD 1-238 Avn Black Cats.jpg

• 4 months later...
kchickenlord

I have a pretty normal-looking 4-wheel TD patch that has a slight UV glow on the very edges (Doesn't show up on camera). How late did they make these patches? I doubt it's a repro if it's the most common variant and I thought they were only used until 1946 or so. Were they actually used later?

On 2/26/2023 at 12:27 PM, Piave1918 said:

NE Italy WW2 last days  * Vicenza 1945 april 28

M18  & Sherman   I think

....armored column enters Vicenza arriving from Verona and will face the last fight in the city center suffering heavy losses

Vicenza Ingresso_americani.jpg

My Army organization in Italy, (1974-1976) had a detachment in Vicenza. We were headquartered at Camp Darby near Livorno and Pisa, and had that detachmnet up north and one near the border with France.

On 10/1/2023 at 7:55 AM, kchickenlord said:

I have a pretty normal-looking 4-wheel TD patch that has a slight UV glow on the very edges (Doesn't show up on camera). How late did they make these patches? I doubt it's a repro if it's the most common variant and I thought they were only used until 1946 or so. Were they actually used later?

Could have been washed in a phosphate detergent. If the back doesn't glow I wouldn't worry about it.

• 1 month later...
USMarineCorps

Here's a trio of TD patches I recently obtained. They are attributed to an enlisted man with the 899th who participated in all of the 899th's campaigns, including D-Day.

I also posted these here: 

Screen Shot 2023-12-03 at 13.28.16.png

IMG_9490.jpg

easterneagle87

I knew there was a thread. Recent find on a trip to Reno, NV and took a buddy junking. Almost missed it. ALWAYS LOOK UP!! 

A bit of a bucket list item for me so I'm really glad it came home with me. I believe it is named : TRAUBE , service # O8895

Any help with the vets name or history would be great. 

IMG_7709.jpg

IMG_7710.jpg

IMG_7711.jpg

IMG_7712.jpg

TD LABEL.jpg