Tank Destroyer SSI and Insignia

Jim Baker

• 1 month later...

Thinking about TD stuff again lately and thought I'd just bump this thread to see if anything comes up.

I'm looking for ANY and ALL info on the 633rd Tank Destroyer Battalion in WWII. I know general info and history, but if anyone has items named/marked to that BN, photos especially, unit items, anything of that sort, I want to talk to you directly.

Thanks!

Anthony

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice!

Here a few of mine, together with some TD association items and a subdues modern type "TD" patch.

These are two greenback TD patches btw.

Also a small grouping of a soldier of the 817th TD.

Sorry for the lesser quality of the photo, I had to take it without flash or it would have been too bright.

Erwin

post-157-0-63064200-1416066163.jpg

YD, I found that subdued patch on eBay.

They also have a desert camo type TD patch (which I put on my choco chip jacket ..... that will make 'em think when I have passed away, hehe).

Erwin

• 2 months later...

I wanted to share grouping I acquired recently from the son of a 801st TD veteran. Included in the group was the skull insignia worn by 801st members while serving stateside. The orange armband was believed used by the 'Red Forces' during stateside TD training maneuvers. The veteran served in the National guard and later inlisted in the Army Jan. 1941. Also in the grouping was a panoramic photo taken at Camp Sutton May 1, 1942 of company C, 801st TD battalion. The veteran later graduated from OCS at Ft. Monmouth, N.J. in April, 1943. The grouping included a few other US insignia and a couple of German medals.

post-8535-0-48078900-1422325503.jpg

I will have that 2nd Corp patch with many other variations for sale at the SOS. Stop by my tables and say hello and check out what I hope you may think is the best patch sale display at the show,it was the best at ASMIC,MAX and OVMS. This is my first time selling at SOS so excuse the self promotion.

• 1 month later...

It's always fun to discover interesting things about our "stuff". I bought this TD manual that belonged to J.B. Gregg. Turns out he later co-authored a history of the 804th TD Bn. Not a big deal, just fun.

post-78-0-94127500-1425143494.jpg

post-78-0-64612200-1425143506.jpg

• 1 month later...

A cool photo. Check out his insignia. I've seen these used as the "centers" of early lapel brass, but not worn by themselves. Until now.

post-78-0-85940300-1428762672.jpg

• 3 months later...
jerseyshoreed

I bought it along with a TD patch from a lady whose father was in the Tank destroyers. Always loved TD stuff , my uncle was in the 705th

post-11103-0-68521700-1437428341.jpg