Tank Destroyer SSI and Insignia

Jim Baker

Thought I would show some variations of Tank Destroyer patches for my friend Erwin.

If you have others, please feel free to add them.

A Camp Hood patch. Sold in PX's.

post-78-1169264050.jpg

Well, that's my few. I'd love to lay hands on a legit 6 wheel if anyone is looking to part with one.

Thanks and enjoy.

Almost forgot, not a patch, but a real worn tab. There are fakes of these out there so be careful.

post-78-1169264939.jpg

Very interesting topic here, thanks. thumbsup.gif:D

It's great seeing the variations together :love:

I'll post mine later in the day (it's 5.27 am here).

Thanks again,

Erwin

General Apathy

post-344-1169301731.jpg

Hi Jim Baker & Jeeper704, thanks for showing your patches. As you are into Tank Destroyer stuff, I thought I would show you my box of matches. Cheers ( Leiws )

General Apathy

post-344-1169337342.jpg

Hi Again Jim Baker & Jeeper704, I have attached a photo of a Tank Destroyer ' Sweetheart' pillow, from Camp Hood, these were sent home to either, mothers, wives or sweethearts. Cheers ( Lewis )

Hi Guys,

This is the only item I have easy access to at the moment.

I'm not a patch guy, but from what I gather this is post war German bullion

post-117-1169349036.jpg

The 4-wheel versions seem to be non ending as far as the lightning bolts in the mouth go. As Jim and others who may know me know, I don't collect specific patches to any one unit (well, maybe 1st ID), but rather, I just add variations to the collection when they fall into my hands.

Here are some 4-wheel versions with each one having a different pattern of lightning bolt in the mouth. I see some others in this thread that are different too.

Gary

post-84-1169357786.jpg

post-84-1169357809.jpg

post-84-1169357827.jpg

post-84-1169357858.jpg

Here is another 4-wheel with a different lightning bolt pattern. The reason I point this patch out is because it appears to be unfinished? Notice the absence of the bottom jaw and vertical embroidery to the tank that would match the panther. If you look at the reverse, it certainly looks like the embroidery is finished, especially where the bottom jaw is supposed to be, so I'm still undecided on this one? Incomplete or variation?

Gary

post-84-1169358280.jpg

post-84-1169358295.jpg