Show off your painted M1 liners and shells

Sbas

Theorywolf

Here is my two panel late war medic. Has the magnese (don't know the spelling crying.gif ) rim, front split. Most of these have a rear split. These were produced within a window of a couple of months. No history on it. Notice the thick cork finish. You can compare this one to the one that Craig shows in his group of M1s below.

Mike

post-576-1180284548.jpg

Theorywolf

Yannick,

I love your finds as well! I have three 29ths. However, buying them over here is the reality that they may have been used in the National Guard after the war!

Here is my 87th Div. liner. It came in the front seam fixed bail shell. The helmet rim is rusted in the rear. Rich A.

Fixed bail, front seam M1 medic helmet. It is a 4-panel helmet. Found in the Northern flank of the Bulge battlefield (Belgium).

medicM1.jpg

Beautiful helmets guys! I have only one painted M1 that I purchased several years ago. A nice condition fixed bail w/liner.

post-79-1180817759.jpg

heres my 4 panel--- bought off a friend in the 80's. no name but, partial sn on chin strap. it looks good so i jumped on it.

post-73-1180831984.jpg

post-73-1180832010.jpg

post-73-1180832042.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a front seam WW2 helmet back in the late 1970's and this was the liner in it. The liner was stuck in the steel pot when I bought it and I was real surprised when I brought it home and was able to ease it out!

post-895-1182054005.jpg

post-895-1182054055.jpg

• 13 years later...
On 5/26/2007 at 4:25 AM, mireks said:

I can see, there is a lot of decaled helmets around. I have one intersting liner, which I do not understand. It is regular WWII liner with rank decal on front, which has been placed over decal of eagle. There is some arillery decal on left side and unknown decal on right side.

Well, I do not understand this liner. I looks, somebody has played with decals during his military service. I think, it has been done in early 50's. Does anyone have any idea what the liner is?

Mirek

post-813-1180178620.jpg

post-813-1180178632.jpg

post-813-1180178646.jpg

This liner is for the old 51st Infantry Division Florida and South Carolina National Guard, the unit is the South Carolina NG 178th Field Artillery Battalion, liner could be pre 1958 when it was still titled the 178th Field Artillery Battalion, or post 1958 when the unit was recognized under CARS and now one of several battalions of the 178th Artillery that was assigned to the division, 1st. 2nd, 3rd, 4th Howitzer Battalions 178th Artillery, the old 51st Inf div was inactivated in 1963. One or maybe more of the battalions of the 178th we believe became separate, don't know more on that.