Show off your painted M1 liners and shells

Sbas

I dont know for sure if a topic like this allready existed, but I thought it would be nice to see all those lids together in one topic.

Show show them of guys, get your cameras out and post some pictures thumbsup.gif

Let me kick off with 3 of my liners. (I also have the shell belonging to the central liner)

test1qk4.jpg

Regards...

grrr Frank I still need one from you! we could make some nice pots together...or you just sell one to me ;) (I just ask again and again)

grrr Frank I still need one from you! we could make some nice pots together...or you just sell one to me ;) (I just ask again and again)

Sorry Sebastian, I am still to attached to these helmets. But who knows in future we can work something out.

I am still wondering about the apple-green colour of the left helmet. You don't see this much. I've seen one or two in the last five years. I am not questioning the authenticity of the helmet, but I am curious if more collectors have similar coloured helmets. Perhaps someone can provide me with information. The helmet is a front seam swivel bail with one layer of crushed cork mixed paint.

Hi,

Here is my only one; not really painted but with deacals. Came out of one of the US barracks in the Nuremberg, Fürth, Bamberg area here in Germany back in the 1990ies when they started closing them. Any idea regarding period and significance?

Thanks,

Albert

post-963-1179860409.jpg

post-963-1179860508.jpg

post-963-1179860517.jpg

as for the helmets above the 2nd Bn Ranger liner with white border is named to Rolo Wolfe, Co F. The liner on right side has painted major insignia. The steel pot has swing bails and its liner (inside of pot) is painted with ranger scroll as well.

You can see the 94th MP helmet on another picture, which has fixed bails and its liner (inside of pot) has just 94th ID insignia. I like its white nylon webbing, which is not as common as the regular cotton straps.

I see some of your collections and it just makes me sick. You all have such nice collections. I don't think I could ever obtain closed to even half of what most of you have. Almost discouraging at times.

Please do not think I mean that disrespectfuly, I am just realy jealouse... :)

General Apathy

dm1975, you know something, this is a very funny hobby a lot of it depends on being in the right place at the right time, and some of it on knowing what an item is when you see it.

No matter how small yours or anyone else's collections are, you may have a little something in there that a long time collector has spent his life looking for.

So then the ' I am really jealous' ping pong ball bounces into their court.

I was helping a friend at the weekend work on his military vehicle, sat on his work bench was an item that he has no value in, it is a little green painted can with a screw lid and a small pouring tube on the lid. This small can is highly desirable to WWII mountain troop collectors and they would be very jealous, to him it's just an oil can.

It happens

Cheers ( Lewis )

My wife tells me the same thing. I must have the worse luck in the world tho. I see so many people get good deals at flea markets and thrift stores, shoot, I can never find a thing at those places. But still I keep my fingers crossed.

Lewis, you are absolutelly right. The fun of collecting is having luck to be on right place at right time. Of course, I lost a lot of opportunities and made some very very bad deals.

On other hand I am glad, I am not succeeding in all opportunities to obtain new toys to my collection. I remember times, when I started to collect old military stuff. I enjoyed each new item like a kid and was so jealous when visited friends' collection. So, I made a decission to focus just on US WWII stuff.

Today, I know more about the stuff, have more of the stuff, but I am still like a kid.

That means, collecting is not boring and I like to think about missing items in my collection and ways how "to help to my luck"to get it.

CNY Militaria

Here are mine...nothing special, but I love the E-7 one! Also, it seems that the MP one has been painted over unfortunately.

Picture_064.jpg

Picture_065.jpg

Picture_066.jpg

Bonsoir,

These two helmets depict my favorite thema: war in SE Asia

I bought these two helmets at Saigon more than 11 years ago and far from the commercial hot spots. The south vietnamese Ranger (BDQ) helmet has a camo and panthera spray and stencil made. After many checks, I can say that these paints 've been used lately 73-75

513671428_0a23798abb_o.jpg

513671410_f1ae7f75ec_o.jpg

I found a name in the liner and after some research, I discovered that he belonged to a MP (MP MOS) assigned to this company :lol:

513707535_0bdcb7fafe_o.jpg

513707531_dde6c5c219_o.jpg

Cheers

Valery

PS

Warmocks painted helmets invad vietnamese dealers and souvenirs sellers, at the present time. Be very careful :vietnamese phony makers dig new painted helmets in wet sand during one year... mad.gif We are very far from the hand painted insignias of the late 90's and early 00's.

The less I can say is that this post was more than interesting at first (great 28th helmet collection Sturmann!!... And the others) and it is becoming greater with all helmets additions and comments.

yannick thumbsup.gif

Thanks Yannick!

And for all the others who have posted their helmets as well... thumbsup.gif GREAT looking stuff!

Mireks: w00t.gif I love those 94th helmets, where did you found those? And where did you found those ranger helmets? Great thumbsup.gif

Great helmets and liners here.

These are what i can contribute to this topic.

Factory painted Westinghouse camo liner.

LtCol's 4th cav Constabulary liner.

741st OrdBn, 41st Infantry Division liner.

paintedlinerfr1.jpg

Regards,

Stephan

Hello Sturmman,

I found those locally. The 2nd Ranger Bn finished their journey from Point du Hoc here in the Czech Republic (former Czechoslovakia) and the 94th ID was occupation army here during summer 1945.

As for the Ranger helmets, none of them has yellow diamond on back. Unfortunetaly I have never seen real one. I was told, painted scroll on front was manner of 2nd Ranger Bn from late of 1944 or early 1945. I have a couple period photos, where are those scrolls clearly visible.

Mirek

I can see, there is a lot of decaled helmets around. I have one intersting liner, which I do not understand. It is regular WWII liner with rank decal on front, which has been placed over decal of eagle. There is some arillery decal on left side and unknown decal on right side.

Well, I do not understand this liner. I looks, somebody has played with decals during his military service. I think, it has been done in early 50's. Does anyone have any idea what the liner is?

Mirek

post-813-1180178620.jpg

post-813-1180178632.jpg

post-813-1180178646.jpg

My contribution to that post, ever posted previously in this forum.

5ysniv8.jpg

4pnnf3a.jpg

I'll put extra photos with details of each helmet later, has some have their combat or finding stories :rolleyes:

yannick