Recruiting more Viet Nam reenactors in N. Texas

sapper740

We're a new and growing unit located in the DFW area. We reenact two different groups, the 5th Special Forces and the 25th Infantry Division. We're associated with two larger groups out of the Houston area, many of you may already know Trey Moore of Moore Militaria down in College Station, Texas. We have several spare uniforms as loaners so you can "try before you buy" . If you like hanging around Hueys, Mutts and M113's, then you're our type. Contact me here on this forum or PM me. I'm looking forward to meeting you!

P.S. Absolutely no Farbs...repro is fine but we hold our troops to a high degree of authenticity!

First Sergeant Derek Heuring 5th Special Forces/25th I.D. (reenacted)

• 2 weeks later...

I would be intrested in falling in with you guys sometime. i am in Fort Worth and i do B Co 141st 36th ww2 that is my primary impresion and the unit i am dedicated to, but would like to come out with you guys some weekend and try Veitnam soemtime how many event do you guys have per year?

Typically, there's 2 events a year for Texas guys. There's occasionally an Addix Reservoir event in the Spring which through the Military Museum of Texas about 4 M113 FOVs and plenty of other MVs show up and a small reenactment takes place.

The other event is Firebase Friday in Jackson, MS. This event is an actual base camp event with firebase, patrols, M113s and so on.

http://www.mooremilitaria.com/photos.htm

In general, it's the same as all reenacting.

I would be intrested in falling in with you guys sometime. i am in Fort Worth and i do B Co 141st 36th ww2 that is my primary impresion and the unit i am dedicated to, but would like to come out with you guys some weekend and try Veitnam soemtime how many event do you guys have per year?

Well, it remains to be seen how many events we'll attend. We were just in Houston for the 2nd annual Vietnam Veterans parade on Sunday, Oct. 11th and we've been invited to San Antonio for a parade in April. We're just getting into the loop as to what events there are. As David said, there is a reenactment at the reservoir in Houston and Firebase Friday in Mississippi. We've contacted Trey Moore in College Station and his group as well as Jacob Nishimura in San Antonio so we're networking with the two main Vietnam groups here in Texas. There is also lots of opportunities to set up displays and do a Living History encampment such as Muster Day at Camp Mabry in Austin. Also, we're working on getting an active Vietnam reenactors community right here in the Metroplex. One of our group owns 88 acres of land near Canton and he's considering allowing us to build our own firebase there. Further, I'm a member of the Vintage Flying Museum in Ft. Worth so I'll be contacting the Huey group there to see if we can't do an Air Assault demonstration at the Cowtown Warbird round-up or the Alliance airshow.

Just to let you know, we maintain a high standard of authenticity for our group. Military style haircut, no facial hair, and an appropriate BMI is required to join our group. We use proper military etiquette around our Officers and Senior NCO's. Most of us are prior service so we know the drill. If you're still interested we have a yahoo group; the 5th SF Vietnam reenactors. Look us up there and we'll chat.

1st Sergeant Derek Heuring (reenacted)

post-8061-1255754472.jpg

Here's a pic of our group taken at Houston last Sunday.

I was talking to my Captain about you, he says he met you when he had his M1 Carbine converted to blank firing. He gave you a WWII belt while he was there, remember? In fact, if you've been to any of the main events in Texas (Bellmead, Waxahachie, College Station etc.) then you've probably seen me, I'm the lone Canadian with the 1942 CMP. You sound like the type of member we need. I'll call you at your place of business and we'll talk.

1st Sergeant D. Heuring (reenacted)

post-8061-1255754472.jpg

I was talking to my Captain about you, he says he met you when he had his M1 Carbine converted to blank firing. He gave you a WWII belt while he was there, remember? In fact, if you've been to any of the main events in Texas (Bellmead, Waxahachie, College Station etc.) then you've probably seen me, I'm the lone Canadian with the 1942 CMP. You sound like the type of member we need. I'll call you at your place of business and we'll talk.

does Houston have a large Vietnamese population??

what type of stripe are you guys wearing??

what weapon does that guy on the end have? is that a PK series Russian light machine gun??

heres one of my impressions from a few years ago :)

p

post-2472-1255765270.jpg

does Houston have a large Vietnamese population??

what type of stripe are you guys wearing??

what weapon does that guy on the end have? is that a PK series Russian light machine gun??

heres one of my impressions from a few years ago :)

p

Yes, Houston has a very large Vietnamese population. The organizers told us they expected at least 15,000 people along the parade route and 98% of them were Vietnamese.

I believe it's called John Wayne Dense.

Yes, it's a PK MG.

Lookin' good. Are you still doing 5th SF?

Yeah i remember him, he was a real nice guy, and i go to all of those events so i am sure we have met in fact i think i camped with you at Mabry a few years back, i guess its a real small world when it comes to renacting lol, I am with Les's Bco 141st 36th, do you know Les Young?

post-8061-1255754472.jpg

Yes, Houston has a very large Vietnamese population. The organizers told us they expected at least 15,000 people along the parade route and 98% of them were Vietnamese.

I believe it's called John Wayne Dense.

Yes, it's a PK MG.

Lookin' good. Are you still doing 5th SF?

Yea all we do is Special Forces Impressions really, we do a Mike Force and a SOG impression as well as a White Star early 7th Group impression as well as a few others, try and mix it up a little,

heres one from a few years ago

paul

post-2472-1255921699.jpg

here one we did back in 05 when we had a lot of people in our group, all in original beo gams, wish we could still pull in those numbers!!

paul

post-2472-1255921923.jpg

Pics look pretty good! The only thing I would do is loose the PKM. They were introduced in the Soviet Union in 65, but they were brand new top of the line and were to replace the RPD. The Viets made extremely heavy use of the RPD as their squad automatic weapon and never had PKMs during the war.