One for John Cooper to cry over - Broken balfour LGB

pfrost

A perfectly nice WWII vintage Balfour wing. I suspect either a bombardier or gunner wing. :pinch:

Still, got it pretty cheap for what it was. Maybe one day, I'll find a missing bomb or gunner device and can have it replaced.

At least you can see what these type of wings look like and how they were made.

Patrick

post-1519-1254327560.jpg

post-1519-1254327609.jpg

This is what it likely looked like when it started out its life. Of this....

sigh....but you got to take them the way you find them, I guess.

post-1519-1254327803.jpg

post-1519-1254328622.jpg

Patrick you know me too well... this is almost as bad as the Balfour CP wing that was used as a BB gun target if you recall that one. I wonder why someone would have removed the center device in the first place?

Cheers

John

Patrick you know me too well... this is almost as bad as the Balfour CP wing that was used as a BB gun target if you recall that one. I wonder why someone would have removed the center device in the first place?

Cheers

John

That reminds me of when I was a kid (Really,about 10-13) Me and my friends played "soldier'. Well to make a long story short,and not meaning to hijack this mans post, we put my friends "grandpa's helmet" on a post and seperated the pieces,cuz we just diddnt believe Cardboard-ish paper could stop a bullet. Shot it with bbs,.22,and .410 :crying:

We were just kids,and it was just a crappy old helmet/liner. Anybody wants to go into the woods (if there are any left-its been about 30 years now) in PA behind playwikki park,whats left is probably still there :pinch: