Ammo Belt & Aid Pack Pouch

FW12

Getting ready to sell some stuff, and this belt is among them. I've checked out Craig Pickrall's reference thread on ammo belts, but didn't find a match (maybe I missed it!). It has a 1940 dated, H.C. Co Inc aid pouch hooked on, as well. The markings I could read on the belt say "Plant Bros. & Co. 2745." Any help with an ID/ value would be great!

Thanks y'all!

Beau

post-88-1254082575.jpg

Getting ready to sell some stuff, and this belt is among them. I've checked out Craig Pickrall's reference thread on ammo belts, but didn't find a match (maybe I missed it!). It has a 1940 dated, H.C. Co Inc aid pouch hooked on, as well. The markings I could read on the belt say "Plant Bros. & Co. 2745." Any help with an ID/ value would be great!

Thanks y'all!

Beau

post-88-1254082653.jpg

Your belt looks to be the M1918 Mounted cartridge belt.It has the snap for the 45 auto magazine pouch or the 3 pocket ammo pouch.These belts will be seen issued in WW2 also,mainly early.I know in the FSSF unit history it shows one of the Forces MPs wearing one.

I bet the date is the numbers below 2745.May read 10-18(?) or something similiar

RD

Yes, it's a late WWI mounted ctg belt. Few years ago it would have been sold about 50-60$ but today I see prices for "common" stuff are quite lower.

Yes, it's a late WWI mounted ctg belt. Few years ago it would have been sold about 50-60$ but today I see prices for "common" stuff are quite lower.

Doyler: Thanks for the ID. I can't make out the writing below the 2745, but I bet it's the date.

Art: thanks for the appraisal. I'll see if I can get at least $50 for it.

Beau

I think if you listed it on ebay in a proper manner you could get well over 50.00 for it. I would add a .45 1918 mag pouch to it as they are pretty much a dime (5.00) a dozen to find and will give it a more complete look which can be a big difference in final sale price. :D Cheers, Kevin

I think if you listed it on ebay in a proper manner you could get well over 50.00 for it. I would add a .45 1918 mag pouch to it as they are pretty much a dime (5.00) a dozen to find and will give it a more complete look which can be a big difference in final sale price. :D Cheers, Kevin

Great idea, thanks!

Beau

Great idea, thanks!

Beau

No problem my friend as I know what I am talking about when it comes to selling. ;) I would also place the F.A. pouch in the correct position as where it is now it would not have been worn! The connecting belt is also upside down as the eyelet's should be at the top so it would connect to the Haversack.. :thumbsup:

Cheers, Kevin

No problem my friend as I know what I am talking about when it comes to selling. ;) I would also place the F.A. pouch in the correct position as where it is now it would not have been worn! The connecting belt is also upside down as the eyelet's should be at the top so it would connect to the Haversack.. :thumbsup:

Cheers, Kevin

I switched the connecting belt rightside up. Where would the FA pouch have been worn? And how does a 1918 Mag pouch attach to the belt. I've been following some on ebay, but I can't see how I would clip it to this belt.

Thanks,

Beau

I switched the connecting belt rightside up. Where would the FA pouch have been worn? And how does a 1918 Mag pouch attach to the belt. I've been following some on ebay, but I can't see how I would clip it to this belt.

Thanks,

Beau

FA kit can hang on any of the grommets below the ammo pockets.Most normally seen on the front right.The mag pouch has a canvas loop that is open with a corresponding snap.Slip the belt through the opening in the mag pouch and align the snaps.Your good to go.Just a note some of the pre WW1 FA pouches were worn in the middle of the belt on the back.

RD