WWII Stretcher

Stony

I found a WWII stretcher today in an antique mall, but because I wasn't sure of the value, I didn't buy it. It was dated 1942 and was the early kahki canvas color. It had a red cross, "Med. Dept. U.S.A." and the date on the bottom. It was approximately 7 feet in total length and it had the folding support with feet. The handles were wooden and it had two buckle straps to secure it when it was folder up. I would give it a 9 out of 10 for condition with just two small faded spots on top.

What is something like this worth?

Thanks in advance,

Stony

I have a WWII stretcher and a WWII hospital cot both picked up for $10.00 at a rummage sale, both in near mint condition and both sitting in the attic of my garage because there is no easy way to display them. So, I got 'em but what do I do with them now? :dunno:

That is why I didnt buy the ones I found. What the heck do you do with them? I did see a jeep in a veterans parade once that had one on it and that was about the best use of a stretcher that I have seen.

They are hard to get rid of. I had one (probably 1950s) that I got so tired of hauling to shows that I simply left it in the back of a restored Ambualnce at a local military vehicle show. The guy who owned the ambulance told the story for years about how he got the stretcher. I was glad to be rid of the thing and it looked right at home in his M-43.

Tom Bowers

• 3 weeks later...
jdmyprez_deo_vindice

If anyone in the MD/DE area has a stretcher they would be happy to part with than please let me know as I would love to have one.

I had one at my militaria show last spring and the damned thing kept falling over, so I layed it on the floor and then people kept tripping over the thing. A guy with an ambulance bought it for $10 and I was happy to get rid of it. It was nice, had the square mahogany handles. PIA to haul around though.

I'am interested in a US WWII early war stretcher in very good condition with the right MD markings! If anyone is willing to sell one, please let me know!

Bob