New House = New War Room

DM1975

Sweet helmet !

Thanks, the 101st helmet is one of my favorites. I got it a while back from Scott at Bay State, he is the guy to go to for that stuff.

Very very nice den you got there! I love the idea of skull head mount. Where can I get one? I'm curious, would it be very offensive if place US headwear such as berets or helmets? Thanks!

Very very nice den you got there! I love the idea of skull head mount. Where can I get one? I'm curious, would it be very offensive if place US headwear such as berets or helmets? Thanks!

Thanks, I got the skull I have off of ebay. It is a plastic replica that was mix-matched and was cheap, I just reworked it and painted it to make it look more real, and then built a wooden stand to mount it on and then pinned and epoxied the jaw where I wanted it. I would not think it really offensive, but some might.

Very nice!

Bought myself a new house too and I do like some of your display ideas... ;)

Where did you got those little "text cards" that go with the helmets?

rgds

Bart P

I make those myself. I type them up on Word and print them out on paper and glue them on with an even spread of white glue to foam core and then carefully cut them out after they have completely dried (book press them so they adhere well). I worked at Fort Rileys US Cavalry Museum for a while when I was waiting to retire and I got to learn how to do a lot of little tricks. We used a special set-up for it there, but it is the same concept.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the photos of the bar I promised. I still have not re-routed my wires and router so that kinda takes away from it a little bit, but I still like it. And remember, this was done with a LOT of southern engineering ;) And I still need to build a shelf to hold the humidor.

post-281-1255109349.jpg

Another angle. The rest of the alcohol is under the bar, which will have illuminated shelves by the time I am done with it.

post-281-1255109428.jpg

Just got done visiting and guys and gals. The helmets are way better in person than pictures. All I can say is WOW. And there were no snakes close by so I was happy. Robert.

Thanks Robert, it is always a pleasure to have you over. Next time I hope I have more of my uniforms up on display.

Brian Dentino

What a great display room...nice bar, and a great collection to complement it all! Super set up, great collection, and a NICE bar as well. :thumbsup:

I make those myself. I type them up on Word and print them out on paper and glue them on with an even spread of white glue to foam core and then carefully cut them out after they have completely dried (book press them so they adhere well). I worked at Fort Rileys US Cavalry Museum for a while when I was waiting to retire and I got to learn how to do a lot of little tricks. We used a special set-up for it there, but it is the same concept.

Are you STILL AT / NEAR FT. RILEY by chance?

I know that they have the CAV Museum there from when I was with the 937TH Engineers on CUSTER HILL back in the 1980's, but I'm trying to figure out if there is a GIFT SHOP or POC either "ON POST" or around the nearby area anywhere that handles 1ST Infantry / BRO related stuff like t-shirts, coffee mugs, decals, jackets, etc. the usual "yada-yada" souvenir type stuff like the 82nd Airborne Museum at Ft. Bragg has for anyone who has been there and know what I mean.

I'm a LIFE MEMBER of the First Infantry Division Society and we have a Mail Order "SUPPLY SARGE" type of outfit within the ranks, but it tends to only have a "limited" inventory of stock items and is just a little bit "too pricey" for me to pay $50.00 for a Polo Shirt or $6.00 for a BUMPER STICKER.. :blink: :w00t:

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED on this subject / topic, please PM me if you have any info or can help. :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Adam

I still am here, but the museum doesn't have much in the way of the BRO, but clothing sales has stuff like that. PM me with what you are looking for and I can see if I can find it.

All I can say is wow! That is all very impressive and damn I wish I had room for cases like those!!

very nice!

Colin

Thanks. I want the bike in your avatar.

marineamtracer
Thanks. I want the bike in your avatar.

HAHA well that makes two of us then! Hopefully in the near future mine will look very similar to it though! And also I am going to have to use your method for making those small signs those are very professional. And just as a side note my Grandfather was an old horse cavalry trooper at Riley/Funston just before the war. "Chief" the last Cav horse on the books and who is burried there on the post was the mount of his best friend while in the Cav. They went on to serve in the Pacific together at Anguar, Peleliu, Leyte, and Okinawa in LVT(A)4's.

Colin

USMC 1996-2007

HAHA well that makes two of us then! Hopefully in the near future mine will look very similar to it though! And also I am going to have to use your method for making those small signs those are very professional. And just as a side note my Grandfather was an old horse cavalry trooper at Riley/Funston just before the war. "Chief" the last Cav horse on the books and who is burried there on the post was the mount of his best friend while in the Cav. They went on to serve in the Pacific together at Anguar, Peleliu, Leyte, and Okinawa in LVT(A)4's.

Colin

USMC 1996-2007

If you need any help when making those just ask. That is pretty cool about Chief. We had people call us and visit us all the time asking about Chief. I had been at Fort Riley foor years before I knew anything about Chief, but then again I was too busy going back and forth to Iraq to learn anything here.

Wow.

Can I move into your basement? I'll pay rent.

Was that a 91st Division helmet? What's it say on the tag and what's the story with the eyeglasses under it?

Wow.

Can I move into your basement? I'll pay rent.

Was that a 91st Division helmet? What's it say on the tag and what's the story with the eyeglasses under it?

Yep, 91st helmet. The tag hanging off of the helmet is on the 101st helmet though, it just has the soldiers name and rate on it, unless you mean the black plackard, then it is just a description of the helmet. As for the glasses, they are just from that period. I tried to put something from the period of each helmet under them. I have a green packof lucky strikes under one of my older WWII helmets, a clip of ammo for a Garand under another one, pin-up playing cards under my Korean era helmet, and so on...

• 4 months later...
John C. Calhoun
Here are a couple of my helmets that I really like

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

Really nice 26th Division helmet! Complete with liner? Awesome that your wife let you have the den...