Letters 9th Tank Destroyer Group - 3rd Army.

Jeeper704

• 4 years later...
shinglehouse

I believe that you all will find this document interesting:

http://284thcombatengineers.com/documents/9thTDGroup.pdf

I'm the historian for the 284th and the 9th TDG provided the 284th with training in Luxembourg just before General Patton used them as infantry during the Bulge. This training is discussed starting on pg 18 of the PDF and oddly enough in the paragraph before I (think) that your Hendrix is mentioned!

Do any of you happen to have any more information on the 284th's training with the 9th TDG? Perhaps in his letters during late January through early February 1945? Pictures would be even more amazing. I do have a few photos of them training, go to 284thcombatengineers.com and search for moutfort but I'm confident that it is 99% 284th soldiers shown.

Also, have any of you checked ancestry.com to try to find a photo of him? I've had a ton of luck going that route (or finding family who can help out). My subscription expired or I'd offer to search for you. But I'll be renewing soon so if you don't have any luck keep me posted here and I'll gladly do some searching.

Jeeper704

Thank you for the very interesting information.

I do not have a picture yet but I am in contact with a relative of this officer and have been promised photo(s).

This weekend I'll go through the letters and see what I can find.

Erwin

• 2 years later...