New additions to my growing collection!

Lynn1117

Hello! I have been making additions to my collection and thought I might as well post an updated photo!

These are some pieces I purchased last weekend.......

013-1.jpg

This is a close up of my favorite piece from that days finds.....

014-1.jpg

Its enraved "1st Lieut, J. G. Boehm", pretty neat in my opinion!

This is a group photo of my collection so far! :lol:

009-1.jpg

I am so happy with my choice in collection, it ties in so many areas of interest for me! I am always looking to purchase more pieces, so if you happen to see some shoot me a link or pm if you have pieces for sale! ;)

Thank you for taking a look!

:thumbsup:

I'll keep my eyes peeled for you... really a great collection and collection niche.

I have a couple, but they're "incidental" to a general USAF collection.

Your engraved "USA" Lt pin is really a great item! Have you tried to research him? I don't recall seeing one engraved like that. I've been picking this stuff up for years.

You have a really nice collection, thanks for posting it.

BKW

Lynn, those are very nice, I like sweatheart jewelry. Is that an actual first lieutenant's rank bar that has the engraving? Nicely done engraving, for sure. Is it marked "sterling"?

Pete

BlueHawk: Thanks! I am enjoying the collection thats for sure!

BKW: Thank you! I have tried researching him, however it appears that it is a common name. So I am finding it hard to pin point it to the individual.

Micheal: Thanks, I intend to!

Pete: Yes, it is marked sterling silver! I really like the piece as well. The engraving is done on a traditional sweetheart 1st Lt bar.

Thank you for commenting! :D

• 3 weeks later...
jdmyprez_deo_vindice

I have several of the E pins including one with a booklet that was awarded with it to the employees of a Seaford,DE DuPont plant during the war. I do sometimes see some of the booklets without the pins. I will keep you in mind if I see one for a couple bucks somewhere if you would be interested.

I've thought about trying to collect those blue (and sometimes gold) star son in service pins. I've held back, though.

I, like so many others, really like your engraved lieutenant's bar. That is something I have never seen before. It is a fantastic piece.

I think specializing as you have done makes for a really, really interesting collection.

Keep it up!

Kevin

• 1 year later...
I've thought about trying to collect those blue (and sometimes gold) star son in service pins. I've held back, though.

I, like so many others, really like your engraved lieutenant's bar. That is something I have never seen before. It is a fantastic piece.

I think specializing as you have done makes for a really, really interesting collection.

Keep it up!

Kevin

Kevin---I started my collection after recently finding this one. So---it's not too late!!! I'm a VN Navy vet, so I'm going to try to focus on Navy pins. I have posted pics of this one before, so I hope that you all don't mind seeing it again. Thanks, Al Hirschler in Dallas.

post-12790-1292457305.jpg

post-12790-1292457331.jpg