CONVERTED GERMAN HOLSTER-

BEAST

A couple of weeks ago, I bought some WWII insignia at a garage sale. The fellow that I bought them from was the kid brother of the vet who brought them home. The vet also brought home a German holster and gave it to his younger brother who was about 10 in 1945.

The kid decided to cut down the holster in order to get a quicker draw on the bad guys. I thought you guys might like to see this homefront item. Note the detail as he also cut slits in the bottom in order to tie his holster down to his leg.

I am posting this as a piece of homefront memorabilia and do not want it to devolve into a discussion of this particular pattern of holster and if it was used my the German police, military, or whatever.

post-203-1253717600.jpg

post-203-1253717610.jpg

Very cool!...Im sure the kid was the envy of the neighborhood when it came time to play "guns" or "army" or "cowboys and indians" !!!......mike :thumbsup:

All of dad's friends ended up with similar trophies when it came time to play war in the neighborhood. Dad himself wore grandpa Ken's squadron patched m41 and used his BB gun carbine.

It's the little things like this that can make this hobby very interesting. Cool find!

Just for the record though, appears to be a regular turtle shell(I think that's the right nickname) Kraut holster, he did a lot of cutting!

• 1 month later...