WWII U.S.M.C. First Aid box, Wiley's Jeep?

MattStone

I found this WWII USMC medical box at a garage sale. I picked it up for $0.25, because the lady said she would give me a deal because i was a young collector and that the bottom was rusty. I asked her if she had any info on it and she said that her husband brought it back from when he was in the service. I have personally never seen a USMC 1st aid box, but i have seen a regular Army first aid box many times. But i have never seen a Marine Corp one. If anyone know more information on it, leave a comment. i' d really appreciate it greatly! Thank you for viewing.

post-7963-1253666124.jpg

I found this WWII USMC medical box at a garage sale. I picked it up for $0.25, because the lady said she would give me a deal because i was a young collector and that the bottom was rusty. I asked her if she had any info on it and she said that her husband brought it back from when he was in the service. I have personally never seen a USMC 1st aid box, but i have seen a regular Army first aid box many times. But i have never seen a Marine Corp one. If anyone know more information on it, leave a comment. i' d really appreciate it greatly! Thank you for viewing.

Its a 12 unit USMC motor vehicle kit probably assembled by the Davis Company. They are much less common then the Army kits but not super rare. If it is a Davis kit the individual boxes are plain brown commercial type with out any indication they are military issue. This means you can buy a period Davis commercial kit and use many of the components to fill it up.

Its a 12 unit USMC motor vehicle kit probably assembled by the Davis Company. They are much less common then the Army kits but not super rare. If it is a Davis kit the individual boxes are plain brown commercial type with out any indication they are military issue. This means you can buy a period Davis commercial kit and use many of the components to fill it up.

okay thank you

• 1 month later...

Very nice find for quarter. I bought one that had all of the contents except for the morphine packet. The guy that sold it to me had just trown the morphine away at home while he was packing.