$18 dollar display!

36-tex

Here is what a guy can still find for $18 dollars. My father bought the flight helmet and O2 mask (in the original box) at an auction for $8. It belonged to my neighbor who was a ball-turrent gunner on a B-17 before becoming a instructor because of poor eye-sight. The jacket I got at a garage sale for $10. The photo was thrown in showing the guy wearing the jacket (officer in middle of back row).

post-98-1179530516.jpg

post-98-1179530530.jpg

Schnicklfritz

WoW! Good deal to say the least. Just proves that if you do a little digging, stuff is still out there.

I'll give you the fine opportunity to, no.. not double your investment, but TRIPLE it!! $54.00 cash on the barrel... whadda say???? thumbsup.gif

Damn!!!

You done better than good!!!! w00t.gif That's outstanding!! thumbsup.gif

Now, tell us about the handcuffs....... think.gif;)

OOPS! I forgot to HIDE those. I actually had the jacket for sale at a recent show for $100, but no takers so I brought it home.

It is dated and there is age problems. The zipper does not work and there are repair spots on it. I think they are the original repairs from the service. People who looked at it did not like the "wear" to it which I think adds to its character. I will try to take some pics of the "damage".

Following are some close-ups of "damage". I think it all shows early repair. The "L" shaped repair on the back of the jacket and the inside look like old work. The right sleeve mayhave been completely replaced. The zipper is shot.

post-98-1179584850.jpg

post-98-1179584866.jpg

post-98-1179584880.jpg