JCRC jungle jacket

VALERY

Bonjour

Here is one of my last acquisition JAG major assigned to the Joint casualties research center. Major Mc Gowan (JAG MOS) after a tour with the 1st Signal Brigade served at the JCRC. All the insignias and tapes are directly embroidered.

503387032_e2f70f9d4b_o.jpg

The pocket patch seems to be a thai made

503425205_4a82965b46_o.jpg

Hope you enjoy

Cheers

Valery

PS

If someone has a jungle jacket with orange chest pockets modified, please let see it!

MIA are not forgotten

River Patrol

Bonjour and Welcome Valery

An exceptionally nice jungle jacket, especially with direct embroidery. JCRC stuff is so hard to find.

I have only seen one modified orange chest pocket jungle jacket in my time searching. It was at a small show in the midwest and it sold before I could make an offer. But I have its details burned into my brain.

Kindest Regards,

Stephen

ehrentitle

I believe JCRC was the Joint Casualty Resolution Center. See:

http://www.qmmuseum.lee.army.mil/mortuary/MA-Vietnam.htm

And

http://www.miafacts.org/accntng.htm

JOINT CASUALTY RESOLUTION CENTER (pp. 10 - 12 )

While the FPJMT constituted the negotiating element of the US effort, another entity, the Joint Casualty Resolution Center (JCRC), was created as the operational element. The JCRC was a unique organization in the annals of military history. Activated in Saigon on 23 January 1973,.... The JCRC mission was solely to assist the Secretaries of the Armed Services to resolve the fate of those servicemen still missing and unaccounted for as a result of the hostilities throughout Indochina. The unit was to have a predominantly operational role -- the carrying out of field search, excavation, recovery, and repatriation activities negotiated through the FPJMT...

CNY Militaria

Wow! thats a great set! I have yet to get a Vietnam era fatigue set with direct embroidered insignia because there are so scarce! Thanks for showing!

ehrentitle

The JCRC existed for 15 years from 1973 to 1988. So this jacket could be as late as the 80s. When I went thru the Infantry Officer's Advanced Course in 1985 the clothing sales store was still selling these jungle fatigues. And there were a whole host of tailor shops who did direct embroidery of insignia back then. Kevin

Merci for your comments and thanks Kevin for the links and sorry for my wrong translation of the acronym! I know it but I wrote the topic too fast: 10 push ups. I appreciate your comments.

I agree with you that the jacket could be as late as the 80's but :

-Mc Gowan is listed 04 in the VN-SE Asia data file and leave the army as 06 or 07;

-A friend of mine found his major jungle jacket with the 1st Signal Brigade SSI.

These two clues make me think that he served in Thailand with one of the JCRC early tours .

Name: MCGOWAN JAMES J

Branch: ARMY

Rate: O04

MOS: 8103

MOS Title: Judge Advocate or Judge Advocate General

Entered: 6206

Discharged: 850630

Service Number:

State: UNKNOWN

Race: CAUCASIAN

Friendly

Valery

ehrentitle

Valery - Regardless of it was from the 70s or 80s it's still a good find. I've only seen one of these original patches and it was in the collection of the Mortuary Affairs Center at Fort Lee, VA. Kevin

ehrentitle

As a footnote to this interesting thread. I just ran across a few back issues of "The Army Lawyer" from 1973 and 1975. They make it sound like Major Mc Gowan served in the International Law Division at the JAG School from the end of 1973 to at least 1975. Kevin

As a footnote to this interesting thread. I just ran across a few back issues of "The Army Lawyer" from 1973 and 1975. They make it sound like Major Mc Gowan served in the International Law Division at the JAG School from the end of 1973 to at least 1975. Kevin

Merci beaucoup Kevin (Thanks a lot Kevin) ;) , for these very valuable informations. I always try to know more about formers owners of my jackets and open files for each.

Cheers

Valery

Bonjour and Welcome Valery

An exceptionally nice jungle jacket, especially with direct embroidery. JCRC stuff is so hard to find.

I have only seen one modified orange chest pocket jungle jacket in my time searching. It was at a small show in the midwest and it sold before I could make an offer. But I have its details burned into my brain.

Kindest Regards,

Stephen

Stephen,

Did you see that orange chest pocket jacket at the OVMS Drawbridge show? If it is the same uniform I'm thinking of, it belonged to an African-American gentleman assigned to the JCRC. When I saw it, it was on a mannequin and when I went over to inquire, the dealer took it off the mannequin and handed to a very happy man. The only reason I think it belonged to the African American gentleman was because that uniform was up for sale on Ebay a few months before it sold at the OVMS show. If I remember correctly, there was paperwork and photos that went along with the grouping.

Arch

Stephen,

Did you see that orange chest pocket jacket at the OVMS Drawbridge show? If it is the same uniform I'm thinking of, it belonged to an African-American gentleman assigned to the JCRC. When I saw it, it was on a mannequin and when I went over to inquire, the dealer took it off the mannequin and handed to a very happy man. The only reason I think it belonged to the African American gentleman was because that uniform was up for sale on Ebay a few months before it sold at the OVMS show. If I remember correctly, there was paperwork and photos that went along with the grouping.

Arch

Bonjour Arch,

I've seen this jacket on eBay and you're right it belonged to an african american and it comes with a very interesting paperwork. If I remember well the veteran was a SF NCO.

Very nice item,

Cheers

Valery

River Patrol

Hello Arch

Yes, that was the show! It was up high on a mannequin. I had never seen one before but you just know the real stuff when you see it! I think the JCRC was stenciled on the jacket...no patches! It was very interesting!

Cheers,

Steve

Steve,

You don't know how much that jacket sold for by any chance do you? I'm sure it was a pretty penny.

Arch

I know someone who has one of these shirts except the there are orange panels between the top and bottom pockets on the front and a large orange panel on the back. Also, you can see threads where all the SF insignia were taken off. I'm sure he'll sell it.

vintageproductions

jcrc1.jpgjcrc2.jpgI believe this is the JCRC ERDL top Spike is talking about. It is a basic rip-stop lime green ERDL top. At one time were sewn a special forces shoulder patch and arc, on the left sleeve. Above the left pocket was a CIB, jump wings, and a Army branch strip. Above the right pocket was a name tape. These were sewn on very well and were taken off very quickly. The three orange panels when lifted off the jacket ( don't worry it was in one small corner, and we barely opened the stitch), you can clearly see the pink side of the signal panels. I have owned three JCRC uniforms over the years and this is by far our favorite. The othe two had insignia but this is the way it would have been worn in the field. This tunic probably belonged to a 46th special forces company soldier, judging that there isn't a foreign jump wing on it. Most 46th Co guys only wore US jump wings and a occasional Thai jump wing.

If I remember right on the one everyone else is talking about that shirt was part of a very large grouping that was broke up and pieces scattered into all directions / collections. Plus last year at the ASMIC convention there were three JCRC uniforms that sold for $3,000.00 for the set, and the collector who got those scored a really good deal on those rare jungle jackets.

• 9 months later...
hochiminhtrail

i think this might be of some interst, look at the jackets with the large pocket covered cloth with a B

i m just reading a book about JCRC, titel M.I.A Accounting for the missing in south east asia.

text below Jcrc members load the flag covered body of captian Richard Rees onto an aircraft in saigon.

Capt Rees was unarmed and on a JCRC mission when VC elemnet killed him, JCRC units had to tell in advance to their VC conterparts were they went on missions, so this was a deliberat act of killing of unarmed US troops, as the NVA knew exactly were they went crying.gif

cheers

Alex

post-1849-1205575396.jpg