Twin to the other PASGT vest cover, 80s ABN liner

ClaptonIsGod

Couldn't help but keep the two together, saw the other one but didn't want to buy it at first, now I do, and did. also, picked up a 80s airborne liner in near mint.

Vest

post-4251-1253405014.jpg

Guys? What do you all think of the lot? If anybody else has a XS 1990 dated PASGT vest cover, post the DLA and I will see if they are the same

Hmm. Won't let me edit. Ok. I was looking at the liner, and have a question. I know on the WWII liners, it has the snap receiver for the chinstrap snap to connect to the liner to keep them together on the jump. I have the same snap on this liner, and wonder why it is there, because as far as I know, I may be wrong as I am a WWII helmet guy, the Vietnam era clip on straps did not have the snap. If they did, can someone point me to where I can buy a pair to put on a shell? Also, wouldn't the purpose of a paratrooper liner be defeated in the 80s since the shell paratrooper chinstrap had already been put into use?

They still made paratrooper specific chinstraps for the airborne, the infantry helmets adopted the newer chinstrap that you are describing....the liner still would work for a Vietnam display, untill you could find a Nam dated one...mike

They still made paratrooper specific chinstraps for the airborne, the infantry helmets adopted the newer chinstrap that you are describing....the liner still would work for a Vietnam display, untill you could find a Nam dated one...mike

Ok, thanks, where can I find one of these paratrooper Vietnam era straps? Was it the same sew-on M2 type strap? Or was it the clip on with the snap?