Since I collect military weapons, it has been a issue that my "M-14" has been a standard M1A. It never looked quite right with the other weapons, so I decided to do something about it. A couple weeks ago, a buddy of mine was at Camp Perry and found a vendor that was selling M-14 stocks for $45, so I had him get me one, then bought a flash suppressor with a bayonet lug. I then bought a Fulton Armory dummy selector switch. Found an old M-14 web sling and Viola, here she is.

vpi5hh.jpg

4ttv.jpg

26129tf.jpg

Now she looks more like a good honest combat veteran as opposed to a shiny new target rifle out of the box.

Visit my eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/crustyw4scorner/

35lyhcy.gif2d29461.gifixd2rm.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Teve,

Thats a sweet lookin rig.Well done.

RON

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

You may want to check this site out, he offers dummy selector switch kits with the connector rod. http://www.sparrowhawkm14.com/index.html

Having the connector rod on the side adds that extra little touch.

donation2008.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gif

Looking for original photos and other items from the First World War US 77th Infantry Division.

Also interested in BAR and M1917A1 BMG related items.

Hawkdriver -

Great looking rifle!

I am planning to do the same thing! Where did you get the flash supressor with bayonet lug?

Thanks for any info.

Steve

Collecting 3rd Armored Division items of all kinds from all eras, specializing in the 36th Armored Infantry Regiment.

Very nice Hawkdriver, it looks great just the way it is. What stampings are on the stock? Have you been able to I.D. a manufacturer? Looks great no matter what and by the pics very well balanced. :lol:

"How many life's can you justify your battle hymn's". Saxon, Power and the Glory....

"Due to the presence of fools wise people stand out - Japanese proverb"

“Labor disgraces no man; unfortunately, you occasionally find men who disgrace labor.”

—Ulysses S. Grant

DBA hoc1983 on ebay. Always nice stuff!

Nothing like a story with a fake Nun.

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

The basic rifle looks nice but did you rework the stock? Not picking but I think you could get the stock to clean up better.

I don't want the stock to clean up much better, I am after the field beaten rifle look. My neighbor was a Marine Infantry in Vietnam and said it looks exactly like the rifle he was given when he first arrived, that was my desire, a grunt abused rifle.

There are no stampings that I can find. The guy that got the stock went through an entire barrel of stocks to pick this one out. When I put my receiver in it, it was almost as if the stock was made for it, very tight, good fit. The rifle shoots as well, if not better than the new M1A stock, heck of a lot tighter to. Got lucky I guess.

Thanks 101, now I have to get started on selling to buy one of those. I asked around and no one knew of a selector that had the extra rod, but no one knew of one. That will teach me not to ask here first :crying:

You are more than welcome. I found out about those selectors on this forum - http://m14tfl.com/upload/

Looking for original photos and other items from the First World War US 77th Infantry Division.

Believe it or not, eBay! I got an evil bayonet lug off eBay!

That's great! I'll look there, too. I found one at the gun show yesterday, but it was used, supposedly a "National Match" flash suppressor, and they wanted $100 for it. I'll wait until I have the rifle first.

Is there such a thing as a National Match flash suppressor?

Collecting 3rd Armored Division items of all kinds from all eras, specializing in the 36th Armored Infantry Regiment.

I don't have a clue as to what a flash suppressor has to do with accuracy, unless it is used as weight. :think:

I called Sparrowhawk and his dummy selectors do not rotate, they are fixed in place, so I am in a quandry now as the Fulton Armory selector rotates in place. I'm wondering if the op rod connector can be bought and it worked into my dummy selector? Decisions decisions.

national match flash hider is like "all matching number Garand" . It may have an "n.m. stamp, but there is no difference.

Word of warning (I know dirteater is being a kill joy again) Do not put to much effort into that slector switch, makeing it rotate, connect to opp rod, ect.... Gives the atf less things to worry about. And you a lot less time explaining to the nice men in sunglasses that it dose not work....

but a great rifle, fresh off the rack. Ready to go on yet another patrol......

Dirteater101

Head Gun junkie

Old Trooper Gunsmiths

"Support your local gunsmith; Shoot something till it breaks!"

Flash suppressor has nothing to do with accuracy......I have 4 M1A's and a M-14, never heard of a "National Match" suppressor.

It's only design is to disperse the gasses to avoid the light off, thus producing the muzzle flash. I could be way off, but never thought of a flash suppressor as an accuracy builder. :think:

r/Gunny Dan

USMC Retired

1985-2007

"Hi, I'm Dan, and I too collect Flight Jackets"

Collector of USAF/USMC/USN Flight Gear (1940 - 1990)

Trades/Buying/Selling

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

member11695.jpg

Do not put to much effort into that slector switch, makeing it rotate, connect to opp rod, ect.... Gives the atf less things to worry about. And you a lot less time explaining to the nice men in sunglasses that it dose not work....

Trust me, ATF is not worried about that dummy selector one bit. I have collected machine guns and been a Class III dealer over 30 years and have yet to have to deal with the "nice men in sunglasses" where I did not call them first. I work with ATF on a weekly basis, I have never run into one that was not professional and willing to assist.

Even if they did show up, all the owner would have to do is pop the receiver out of stock which would show the dummy is attached to the stock, not the receiver and is incapable of allowing the rifle to be select fire.

ATF has lot bigger fish to fry than someone with a dummy selector.

I agree with 101, not real worried about them and a dummy selector, considering I have the receipt showing where it come from.

I did get an email from sparrowhawk today, his selectors have the guide rod, but he does not have a selector that has the rotating switch. I'm going to email him back and see about getting just the guide rod and trying to marry it up with the Fulton selector.

I don't have a clue as to what a flash suppressor has to do with accuracy, unless it is used as weight. :think:

Not related to the thread, but I got a considerable increase in accuracy after installing a vortex-type flash suppressor to my HK-53.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.