Chrome Helmets? Can They Be Legit?

ClaptonIsGod

Without knowing much about helmets, it looks pretty good actually. Those decals look like they have been on there for awhile.

One of the questions to ask when evaluating the authenticity of something is "If it is a fake, how would the fake artists have made this".

My question would be where would someone come up with those particular decals. Granted they may have found some unused originals somewhere, but would they still be usable after all this time?

It may have been made during the war years but, this is a post WWII MP Parade helmet. It was very popular among color guards in the 1950's and 60's to have chromed helmets, khaki uniforms and white gloves during a parade.

1229380876296_1105511160.jpg

Thanks, think its worth the $90?

If your looking for a legitimate post war parade helmet... sure, 90 bucks is not out of line. As a kid growing up in the 60's, I was always enthralled with these chrome helmets in the parades. So, I've got one of these shiny domes sitting in my collections as well. :rolleyes:

Misanthropic_Gods

I knew some Army JROTC/ROTC units are still using these chromed helmets today, I believe they are still in regs. I personally wouldnt pay $90 for it, but im not much of a helmet guy. If you like it and are willing to pay that much for it, and it makes you happy, go for it!

• 9 years later...

They certainly are real. This is me with my chrome dome. 1974-75 funeral detail Punchbowl Nation Cemetery of the Pacific.

post-105153-0-57998200-1547074042_thumb.jpg