General Fibre M1 Helmet Liners

Here are four General Fibre M1 helmet liners for comparison. General Fibre was a subcontractor for Hawley and produced roughly 120,000 liners. The first two have first pattern gray rayon webbing and fixed chinstraps. Both of these first pattern liners are stamped with only a "G" in the crown. The second two are second pattern with the light OD webbing and detachable chinstraps. Both of these second pattern liners are stamped "LINER-FIBRE-M1" and "G". It is my assumption that General Fibre only made these exact two patterns of liners. If anyone has a variation of a General Fibre liner not shown below, I would love to see some photos. Thanks!!

First Pattern:

post-3239-1253042309.jpg

post-3239-1253042319.jpg

Please visit my website at http://www.bbmilitaria.com for a wide selection of quality military antiques!
donation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

I have a small collection of M1 helmets. I do have a General Fiber and a Hawley. The Hawley is the second variation and the General Fiber is a first variation. My General Fiber is slightly different than your first variation in that it has both the words LINER-FIBER-M1 and, about an inch below that, the 'G'.

Charles

donation2010.gif
  • 3 weeks later...
another. Seems that the extra marking says in small cursive, St. Louis, I may be wrong. That is where they were made!

Where is the St. Louis? I see "NER-FIBRE" over the "G" , kinda looks like a smuged print though. Very nice liner.

Activly Selling All Items

All eras

VERY interested in M1 helmets, WWI victory medals, and I will do almost anything for real SOG gear or uniforms.

Email or PM with offers please.

Needing; Pin back CIB, two piece CIB, ANy odd CIB's, 41st Infantry Regiment DUI (old ones), 65th AFAB DUI

Please visit my website at DM1975.com

donation2007.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.