Red Cross Ditty Bags

M60 Driver

Found these three Red Cross ditty bags in the large lot I recently purchased. Everything else in the lot was from the late 1950s into the 1960s when the veteran finished his 32 years of service. I am guessing these are from that period and any further info would be welcomed. The dark green bag is from a Texas chapter of the American Red Cross although the name of the town is faded out; the kelly green bag is from the Topeka, KS, chapter; and the light olive green bag is stamped with the name of the Beadle-Jerauld chapter, which I confess I had to Google to find out it is in Huron, SD.

post-779-1253042199.jpg

post-779-1253042207.jpg

I would not be surprised if these had been constructed during WW II and distributed years later. The Red Cross organized local chapters to produce items like these that were then distributed to service members. The variety of colors you have is interesting, most I have are regular HBT material. I have a roll of the labels that were left over from WW II from a Chapter in Indiana.

I like the military related Red Cross items, even though a lot of military veterans have had issues with the Red Cross.

BKW