Children Uniforms

craig_pickrall

craig_pickrall

Since you liked the article on toys I thought you might enjoy this too.

post-5-1179324841.jpg

post-5-1179324851.jpg

post-5-1179324862.jpg

post-5-1179324872.jpg

This child's Army Air Corps uniform [w/ Army Service Forces patch] belonged to Richard Wolthuis of Fostoria, Iowa, and was given to him Christmas of 1943 by his grandfather. Richard wore it only on special occasions because the wool made him itch! Later, his mother added a cotton lining and suspenders to the trousers. The photo of Richard proudly posed in his new uniform was taken when he was three years old.

BOYUNIFORM.JPGRICHARD.JPG

General Apathy

post-344-1179333429.jpgpost-344-1179333392.jpg

Hi Craig, ' we cross swords again ', no only joking, we share information and items again, which I enjoy doing.

Here are a couple of children's uniforms to go with your post. The one is a Waves uniform, the skirt is still on the hanger under the jacket, nothing particularly exciting about the skirt whereas the jacket has all these little insignia on.

The second one is an HBT shirt / jacket, with all the cutters tags on, imagine in the midst of a war that such time and trouble would be put into producing these play things. On the left lapel is a sales ticket ' OPA Price ( Office Price Administration ) $1.98, Meyers, size 4, The office of price administration controlled the maximum price that items could be sold for so that there was no wild inflation or profiteering being made.

Cheers ( Lewis )

General Apathy

post-344-1179333788.jpg

Hi again Craig, not certain that this will be clear enough to read, I never seem to have any luck scanning paperwork. This is an advert out of a 1943/44 American mail order catalog, it shows nine different uniforms ranging from around $3 to $6.

Cheers ( Lewis )