ERDL SOG JUNGLE JACKET

kammo-man

great discussion guys and to add our input, we chose to display an ERDL clad RT Idaho at our last show, again a controversial choice but it may prompt some of the SOG vets we talk to bring out that long lost photo...

We have modded ERDL jackets with the F*&K OFF & IM DEAD and O-Negative and Non Allergic tapes.

http://www.modernforces.com/sog_rtdaho.htm

mo_westie_14_450.jpg

mo_rt_idaho_2_450.jpg

Corpsmancollector
great discussion guys and to add our input, we chose to display an ERDL clad RT Idaho at our last show, again a controversial choice but it may prompt some of the SOG vets we talk to bring out that long lost photo...

We have modded ERDL jackets with the F*&K OFF & IM DEAD and O-Negative and Non Allergic tapes.

mo_westie_14_450.jpg

mo_rt_idaho_2_450.jpg

VERY nice set up Paul, as always.

Will

Paul, you are right about the Hachet Forces using ERDL camo uniforms. I have many photographs of Hachet Force personnel wearing ERDL camo, tiger stripes, and OD jungle jackets, all on operations in Vietnam or in camp. As you stated, these forces were confined to operations within Vietnam and rarely went cross border. One obvious exception is Operation Tailwind of course.

Paul, you are right about the Hachet Forces using ERDL camo uniforms. I have many photographs of Hachet Force personnel wearing ERDL camo, tiger stripes, and OD jungle jackets, all on operations in Vietnam or in camp. As you stated, these forces were confined to operations within Vietnam and rarely went cross border. One obvious exception is Operation Tailwind of course.

Thanks Mike,

glad we're in some agreement :) LOL, I guess we'll never know, but my uneducated guess would be Hatchet Force member wearing it in Rep of Vietnam on Hatchet Force mission?

Great photo by the way, love to see more from that series :)

thanks for sharing, and Im glad to see this thread is staying "friendly"

paul

mo_westie_14_450.jpg

mo_rt_idaho_2_450.jpg

hey paul

great photos as always Sir, you guys do a great job!! Im jelous of your ERDLs, I dont even have a set that nice!! Please take good care of MY RPD!!!! LOL just take it apart and send it piece by peice!!!!

keep up the good work!!!

paul

hey paul

great photos as always Sir, you guys do a great job!! Im jelous of your ERDLs, I dont even have a set that nice!! Please take good care of MY RPD!!!! LOL just take it apart and send it piece by peice!!!!

keep up the good work!!!

paul

well I am in LA in November, will bring a few bits :w00t: (I wont really in case someone in power is reading this...)

Owen, here is a photograph of a man wearing an erdl camo uniform similar to yours. However, he is not preparing for a mission but is in camp. You will also notice that he is wearing a black baseball cap. metal rank insignia on his collars, and ID cards attached to his pockets. Definitely a jacket worn in camp.

I'm sure Spike would agree that he is wearing it in case he becomes drunk, falls on his face, and pukes all over himself.

Mike,

OK, pic was taken in camp but why this shirt with sleeves pockets + blood tapes must only be worn in camp ? is it only for training purpose ? the guy was dressed like he was about to go in mission (without gear ans missing the cargo strap belt)

well I am in LA in November, will bring a few bits :w00t: (I wont really in case someone in power is reading this...)

Open invitation to stay here!!!! happy to have ya, maybe we can drop by Kammo mans place and Bob shop!!!

paul

Or the West Coast Historical Militaria Collectors Show in Pomona......Okay, enough with my shameless plugs.

Only the BEST MILITARIA SHOW ON THE WEST COAST!!!!!! :thumbsup:

now can I have a free pass??!! LOL :rolleyes:

thanks,

paul

Open invitation to stay here!!!! happy to have ya, maybe we can drop by Kammo mans place and Bob shop!!!

paul

Well I was thinking of popping in ;) and Kaiser Bills and Bobs are on the list of visits too. I think the show is before I get there, I arrive on the 16th Nov :( oh and I have to do some work at some point :D

Corpsmancollector
Or the West Coast Historical Militaria Collectors Show in Pomona......Okay, enough with my shameless plugs.

I'd be there if I could afford the plane tickets Bob! Hoping to go one year :)

Will

So are we all in agrement that it is a SF related special operations jacket ?

From where I am standing it is looking like a slam dunk .

Agreed or disagree?

owen

So are we all in agrement that it is a SF related special operations jacket ?

From where I am standing it is looking like a slam dunk .

Agreed or disagree?

owen

agreed!! its definatley SOG related most likely Hatchet Force item, but thats just my view!!

p

Owen, the Hachet Forces were considered part of SOG. They are present day members of the SOA. Hachet Forces duties did not require them to run missions into Cambodia or Laos, except on a few occasions.

I agree with Paul that your jacket is 100% authentic period but probably belonged to a Hachet Force member.

How about a jacket, worn by Recon Team guy in Project delta?

There are many photos of them wearing ERDLs on Operations.

It is a very cool jacket, as Spike said "Luck of the Irish"