PLEASE HELP ID WWII NAVY SQUADRON PATCH

DKNYC71

Fellow Forum Members,

Can you please help ID this WWII Navy squadron patch. It is sewn onto a WWII Navy pilots flight jacket.

Thanks in Advance,

Dave.

post-7824-1252561659.jpg

Fellow Forum Members,

Can you please help ID this WWII Navy squadron patch. It is sewn onto a WWII Navy pilots flight jacket.

Thanks in Advance,

Dave.

ANYBODY :unsure:

Fellow Forum Members,

Thanks in Advance,

Dave.

Your patch is for Cuban Navy Flight,US Naval Air Station Jacksonville,it was on a WW2 collector stamp made for Disney and kids collected them in a booklet,I have a color copy of the stamp with this design on it, Great Find !!!!!!

[email protected]

Your patch is for Cuban Navy Flight,US Naval Air Station Jacksonville,it was on a WW2 collector stamp made for Disney and kids collected them in a booklet,I have a color copy of the stamp with this design on it, Great Find !!!!!!

[email protected]

That is very interesting, what exactly was the "Cuban Navy Flight" in WWII ?? Would it be possible to see the image and any descirptions with it? Many Thanks in Advance!

Your patch is for Cuban Navy Flight,US Naval Air Station Pensecola ,it was on a WW2 collector stamp made for Disney and kids collected them in a booklet,I have a color copy of the stamp with this design on it, Great Find !!!!!!

[email protected]

The stamp was number 171 in the booklet titled "War Insignia stamp album Vol.4 50 issues an original "POSTAMP" series.

We had USN Sea Patrol aircraft going/coming from in and around Cuban air space and in process we were training them too.

Well the stamp in the booklet looks just about the same as your patch, the only difference is there is an added outer white border and this I'm sure was for being able to sew it to jacket without getting into main design ,as for a copy I'll have to send it regular mail as I don't have a scanner to copy it and send it, if you want to send me your adress via a PM feel free and I'll try and get a copy done,I'm at

[email protected]

Well the stamp in the booklet looks just about the same as your patch, the only difference is there is an added outer white border and this I'm sure was for being able to sew it to jacket without getting into main design ,as for a copy I'll have to send it regular mail as I don't have a scanner to copy it and send it, if you want to send me your adress via a PM feel free and I'll try and get a copy done,I'm at

[email protected]

Thank you very much, so does the description in the album exactly state: "Cuban Navy Flight,US Naval Air Station Jacksonville" I am surprised that there was no numerical designation for this squadron.

yeah that's one of those WW2 oddities that has eluded me so far, the design of stamp says "Cuban Naval Flight ,U.S.Naval Air Station" I found out it was at Pensecola via my own net search,sorry for the life of me I don't recall where but I did note it down,you could try googling NAS JAX and see what you find on it or for more info "Disney Dave" should be able to help you ,he's a BIG time Disney afficianado.