Helmet Reference Book Guide

Bugme

While there are many books available dealing with the subject of combat helmets on a world wide basis, there are relatively few written about U.S. helmets. So, below are some of the reference books written specifically about U.S. combat helmets. By posting these, I'm hoping to give everyone a one stop guide to U.S. helmet collecting reference books. If you have more books to add, please place them here. We are extremely fortunate to have several authors of these books on the USMF. So where appropriate, I have added their forum identification next to their name.

So, first up is the book: Steel Pots by Chris Armold

ebay_august_2nd.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just recently released and an excellent one to add to the reference library for Airborne helmet collectors:

American Paratrooper Helmets by Michel DeTrez

numero_image_2455_1272032529.jpg

• 1 month later...

Please feel free to add any books I may have missed here but, please remember that this is meant to be a reference only. We do have a book report section on the forum so, if anyone wants to do a review of any of these books, please do it there: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...hp?showforum=99

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

While not a book completely about helmets, Heroes In Our Midst by Jack Angolia & Jake Powers, has enough great Airborne helmet information in it to make it worth having as another resource for your helmet reference library.
$T2eC16V,!zoE9s5ne+31BR,LFoe33!~~60_35.J

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've been hearing it in the winds, that there are some new books dealing with U.S. helmet on their way in the next year. Stay tuned.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

This new headgear book, A Gallery of Military Headdress by Peter Suciu and Stuart Bates is another nice resource. While it covers international military helmets, there is an entire section devoted to U.S. experimental helmets along with another section detailing the American Pickelhaub and horsehair plume helmets. The American Field Service Adrian is also featured.20190226_114320.jpg