Signal Corps K-38 trailer

robinb

Here's the newest addition to my WW2 vehicle collection. It's a Signal Corps K-38 Telephone Cable Splicer trailer. It carried the TE-56 Tool Set. That was everything a lineman would need to install or repair telephone cables.

Does anyone have any pictures of this trailer in use? I am particularly interested to find out if the USMC used these.

MVC_041S.JPG

MVC_042S.JPG

A local dealer had it in his collection. He decided that he needed the space more than the trailer, so I bought it from him. I'm the third military vehicle collector to own in in the last 25 years. I'll be the one who restores it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I have 3 of these trailers myself. Robin I think yours is an American Highway from looking over this topics pictures. It is a pre war American Highway because the wheels have the double holes. The ones made for the military had the single hole and later the loops. I should have gotten you the American Highway plate. The blasted trailer is missing several parts but has a set of Robins excellent boxes I am going to apply to it and also have a 100% trailer to copy the parts from.

post-9476-1279087109.jpg