Help with ID of patch needed

Guest tunder

Guest tunder

The attached are the ribbons from the front of my father's uniform. He was in the 95th Inf. div,377th Reg. I'm new to this so I need some help as I do not have access to his papers,and i'm trying to surprise him for his birthday. On the right pocket I recognize the Presidential Unit Citation award, but what is the yellow circled eagle above the blue bar? The other questions are the significance of the three stars on the far side of the ribbon panel, and what the forragiere signifies?

any help would be appreciated.

By the way, the jacket no longer fits, it hangs on him as he is in better shape now than he was in 1945.Retirement suits him. Thanks in advance.

post-851-1179136458.jpg

post-851-1179136502.jpg

The yellow eagle is called "Ruptured Duck" and was for Honorable Discharge.

It meant that the person could wear his uniform for a while after being discharged from the military.

The stars denote the different Campaigns he went through (like Normandy, Ardennes, Rhineland, ...).

One star per Campaign.

The Fouragière was given by the French government to US units as an award.

Erwin

• 1 month later...
Guest tunder

Sturman-

That has been my question for the last six months.

He was in the 95th inf. div. til the end of the war in Europe. Then he was reassigned to the 2nd inf. for training for the invasion of Japan.

Before going on a 30 day leave before reassignment to the 2nd he was given ribbons and told to get them on his uniform. He did and they are on his Ike jacket as he put them on in 1945.

That being said, he has no idea what the ribbon in question was for.

It matches the description of the Allied Colors WWI Service as shown here.http://www.frontiernet.net/~ericbush/US/Civilian.html

But if that's a civilian bar why was it given to him by the military?

Since I presented his shadowbox on his birthday, the surprise is over, and a form 180 has been filed to get a revised DD214 which may help explain what it is.