WWI ROBBINS PILOT WING

joshypogi

i HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT THIS PARTTCULAR WWI AT FLYING TIGER ANTIQUES WEBSITE. HAS ANYONE HAVE A CLUE IF THIS IS A TRUE ORIGINAL OR JUST A REPLICA?

I would lean towards these being legit. Notice the lever lock type catch, which is correct for the WW1 period wings as is the pin. From what I can see from the scans they appear to be struck not cast and the US appears to be attached gold which is also correct. I don't have a problem with these wings.

Terry Morris

Ron Burkey doesn't sell fakes

Just bought this one and another Shreve style WWI wing from him today, I will post better pics when they arrive.

Just bought this one and another Shreve style WWI wing from him today, I will post better pics when they arrive.

Ron is one of the most knowledgable wing man around. He's one of the handful you can trust.

Dennis Jackson

I agree with Dennis,

Ron is a knowledgeable collector and dealer, you will pay the high end on items but you know for a fact they are as real as they come. When is comes time to add a metal pilot wing to my collection again, I will only buy from him as I wont have to think about it..Paul