typical FLC load out

anelles

Just picked up a well used ACU FLC at a surplus store for $22 total. It came with 2 triple mag pouches, however I was wondering if this would be a typical load, or if more mags would be carried? I have some double mag pouches on the way I would be able to add on. Side note, the FLC is configured as a chest rig, came with a few surprises, a .223 brush in the canteen pouch and a triangular bandage cut in to strips in the SAW pouch, maybe for use as blindfolds?

Any input would be appreciated, or photos of FLC's in use in Iraq/Afghanistan.

FLC_04.jpg

Standard Combat load is 210 rounds in 7- 30 rd magazines...

That being said, when I was in Iraq, I personally carried a mag in my weapon, a mag in a butt-stock pouch, six more in my Load Bearing Vest (we had not received any of the FLC yet), and six more magazines in 2- LC-2 Ammo Pouches which were still standard Issue, even though we had been issued the Load Bearing Vests. Total on person, 420 rounds, or double the standard combat load proscribed by the TO&E. In the vehicles, we carried further ammunition still packed in the cans.

I'm not familiar with the FLC... I'll try to post the OTV I was issued in Germany (though I never used it).

Wayne

This was the Outer Tactical Vest we were issued in Germany. The idea was you could take this off without having to remove your interceptor armor... Total of three-two mag M-4 mag pouches, one double mag pouch for the M9, 9mm pistol, Bianchi M-12 holster for the M9, first aid pouch, miscellaneous pouch, and two canteens. Like I said, I never had to use this stuff as I didnt deploy back to Iraq after OIF 1. Hope this helps.

Wayne

post-3743-1252224152.jpg

The "standard" configuration for an MOLLE FLC is three M4/M16 maganize pouches (holding only two mags each), two grenade pouches, two canteen/utility pouches and one Improved First Aid Kit (IFAK). Depending on when or where the set was issued, it might also come with a flash-bang grenade pouch and two three magazine M4/16 ammo "panel" or "shingle" pouches. The other special purpose pouches (M9, M249, M203, medical, etc) are issued be the unit supply room or arms room as needed.

But, since the entire MOLLE system is modular, once deployed down range there is no such thing as a "standard" configuration since soldiers will change it around to suite their needs and situation.

The chest rig configuration is a popular way to configure the FLC, as it makes it much easier to wear over body armor.

Here's a link to some posts showing the load configuration I carried on a daily basis in Iraq back in '07: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...ic=9235&hl=

I hope this helps,

Vance

This was the Outer Tactical Vest we were issued in Germany. The idea was you could take this off without having to remove your interceptor armor...

That's a Spec-Ops brand outer vest. Same vest I use, and for the same reason...I had to buy mine, though...

• 12 years later...

This is how I configured my ACU FLC recently but after the picture was taken I changed the configuration slightly and added a few more pouches and another canteen I still need to buy the inner IFAK pouch and 3 more hand grenade pouches. When I'm done  both 3 mag shingles will have 2 M4 pouches and 2 M87 grenade pouches each and I also configured mine with a drop leg panel and a M12 Bianchi holster just need to add my other 2 pistol mag pouches to the vest.

IMG_1281.JPG

IMG_1282.JPG