A funny story about my late grandfather

ClaptonIsGod

Well, several days ago I bought a sling for my airsoft Marushin M1 Garand , basically an exact replica with ejecting magazine, all wood and metal, and blowback. Well, I wanted to use it for a display, so I found a sling for $20 being pitched to me as a WWII Garand sling. I was caught up in finally finding one, and did not notice it was a OD7 material with an inkstamp I could barely make out as 1954, but the guys were telling me was 1944. So, I got conned. :pinch: But, when I put it onto my Garand, I was walking down to show my dad how I had managed to get it on, and he remembered hearing something from my mom's father, who is my late grandfather I am talking about. He was with the 14th AF, 12th ACRS. I don't know if he was on leave or whether he was going somewhere with info,etc. but while on a train in India, I guess he fell asleep or something, and his Garand was stolen by some Indian. So, if any of you go to India and find a Garand sitting somewhere in relatively good shape, call me :D I do need to ask my uncle though as he had some long in depth conversations with his father, and could probably elaborate on it. I just thought I would share this story with everyone.=, and maybe others with relatives in the CBI had the same experience?