Today's yard sale find. Giant flag...$15!!

rrobertscv

rrobertscv

Well, the searching has paid off!! I have been looking for one of these for some time. I wanted one to use as a back drop when I do displays. This one was in a trunk at a yard sale this morning, they had $25 on it. All I had was $15 and the clouds were starting to open up and rain, so they let me have it for that. It does have a small stain and one small tear.

2002244234890366689_rs.jpg

HELLO,

Nice flag.If your flag is 5 feet by 9 1/2 feet it is most likely a casket/burial flag used to drape the coffin of a veteran and then presented to the family.Did the yard sale people have ant info on it?

rrobertscv

It was in a trunk they had been given, I ask about any other militaria, they didn't have any info or additional items. It wasn't folded like a funeral flag

I have found several and many are no longer folded.I tend to find them in boxes at auctions,or laid out with all the sheets and linens.Some families chose to fly the flag on Memorial day and flag day.We have several cemetaries here that have an "Avenue of Flags".The families have donated the Flags and an Aluminum pole with family members name attached.These then are flown on Memorial Day lining the drive way through out the cemetary.It is quite impressive and a great way to honor the veteran.I think it is also a great idea as the flag isnt put away never to be seen.

Nice find, I also got a large flag, here is a picture of it.

I didn't made this picture, the seller made it. thumbsup.gif

post-113-1179067699.jpg