USMC Dress Blue Enlisted Blouse 1921/1922

Brig

here is the only uniform piece I added to my collection while I was in Iraq, a nice enlisted blues blouse dated 1921-22 and named! the inside right seam is coming apart, and was safety pinned awhile ago (old safety pin). I got it on eBay for only 32 bucks! I think it was a great piece for an old dress blue Private's blouse

Front.jpg

jeremiahcable

Cool piece Brig. That would be one of the last of the solid bottom backs that the Marine Corps issued. I believe that the type with the rear flap came out in '24. That would look great with a set of thin wing '21 pattern birds, you have a set don't you? I'll dig around and see if his name pops up anywhere.

Jeremiah

nah, all I have is a single 21 bird made in England...

I was going to send a request it NARA. if you have any info, that would be great!

hopefully. I don't know how to search names for Marine SSNs on NARA, only Army, so I'll have to send in a request

776thamtrac

Oh you're much more likely to get Marine that is detailed compared to Army records man! Have you used Social Security Death Index before? You can use that to find a likely match for the name you're researching. If not drop me a pm and I'll walk you through it. Then you can send a SF180 to NARA and get info.

CJW