Very interesting aggresive climate treated these guns. Parkerized or oxidized -- all looks the same like sprayed rust color. Very interesting because normally there are at least small differencies between corrosion process on various steels from various countries. They looks like after long-term acid rains.

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Very interesting aggresive climate treated these guns. Parkerized or oxidized -- all looks the same like sprayed rust color. Very interesting because normally there are at least small differencies between corrosion process on various steels from various countries. They looks like after long-term acid rains.

Pollution and acid rain are not tales.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Yup...old pics that have been floating around the internet for years. The pics were taken in Vietnam, and IIRC, date from the early to mid-1980s. No doubt they've all be converted into razor blades by now.

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. Thomas Jefferson

What's amazing is that these photos could pretty much be duplicated anywhere within the past 60 years. I've seen similar photos of massive "to be disposed" arms catches like these in Japan, Germany, Russia, etc. after WW2, all the way up through the massive caches of weapons that our EOD techs have been destroying in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Dave

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Here's a modern one from www.spokesmanreview.com...

041603_rifles.jpg

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

And if you ever wondered what to do with all of those excess weapons.....

http://international.africancolours.net/content/7643

Not just weapons were thrown out. My Grandpa who was an sbd gunner said that they would pile up Japanese helmets, guns, knives, uniforms, and any other Japanese surplus they could round up, and put it on a barge and sink it or burn it. He said that the only way some of that stuff survived, was that guys would steal it. I'm glad they did! (This also makes me kinda' sick and sad) crying.gif

Sincerely,

AndrewA74

A couple photos from a 1956 surplus arms catalog.

First photo - Stacked Garands on the right and Carbines on the left.

Second photo - Pistol bins somewhere in Europe after WWII.

post-84-1179127757.jpg

post-84-1179127776.jpg

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif

**PLEASE NOTE: THIS COMMUNITY MEMBER HAS SADLY PASSED AWAY**

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15996-please-read-gary-mohrlang-glm/

• 2 weeks later...

It makes no sence to me why they destroy so many of these weapons. Last time in Iraq I confiscated a Belgium Hi Power and my friend confiscated an original Colt 1911. Both were sent to the scrap pile.

Activly Selling All Items

All eras

VERY interested in M1 helmets, WWI victory medals, and I will do almost anything for real SOG gear or uniforms.

Email or PM with offers please.

Needing; Pin back CIB, two piece CIB, ANy odd CIB's, 41st Infantry Regiment DUI (old ones), 65th AFAB DUI

Please visit my website at DM1975.com

donation2007.gif

• 1 month later...
man that made me cry. Where is that dump at?

IIRC, they were taken back in the 1980s in Vietnam, according to the web page's author.

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.