Rob Lihani's Reproduction Hawley Liner

young90th

hi wear can i get one of robs reproduction hawley liner from it the best reproduction i had seen thanks joe

Yesterday I received my reproduction Hawley liner from Rob Lihani, and all I can say is its outstanding.

It is built around a WWII GI High Pressure liner. It is a work of art. unlike other repro's the fabric is not bunch up anywhere on the liner, the rim is sturdy, and is sure to last for my reenacting lifetime.

Pictures:

DSCN0265.jpg

DSCN0269.jpg

DSCN0268.jpg

The Hawley liner for me is a key that opens a door to a much wider range of impressions, this liner will allow me to do guadalcanal, North Africa, and early Stateside just to name a few.

Even in Normandy you still see some popping up.

In closing, I can not stress enough how beautiful and great these reproductions are, I have handled three and they all hold the same quality of craftsmanship.

Charlie

SOGmanjoe:

Thanks for the compliments on my Hawley reproductions.

If you are looking to acquire a very good repro sooner than later, I would suggest contacting Paul Costino. (johnny_costino)

He can be reached on this forum. There are postings of his Hawley's around here as well.

Paul makes an excellent repro...and with each subsequent batch, they look like they get better and better.

And judging by one of his recent postings, it sounds like he has tackled the issue of "too much rim sticking out around the sides".

I don't make my repros on a regular/predictable basis...I only make a few every year or so - as a break from making crates and tubes.

But Paul's are top notch, priced right, and (by the sound of it) more readily available.

It is encouraging to see that more decent/convincing Hawley's are now reaching the collector/living historian to enhance their early war impressions.

Thanks for your interest in this stuff.

Rob L.

Member_2114
SOGmanjoe:

Thanks for the compliments on my Hawley reproductions.

If you are looking to acquire a very good repro sooner than later, I would suggest contacting Paul Costino. (johnny_costino)

He can be reached on this forum. There are postings of his Hawley's around here as well.

Paul makes an excellent repro...and with each subsequent batch, they look like they get better and better.

And judging by one of his recent postings, it sounds like he has tackled the issue of "too much rim sticking out around the sides".

I don't make my repros on a regular/predictable basis...I only make a few every year or so - as a break from making crates and tubes.

But Paul's are top notch, priced right, and (by the sound of it) more readily available.

It is encouraging to see that more decent/convincing Hawley's are now reaching the collector/living historian to enhance their early war impressions.

Thanks for your interest in this stuff.

Rob L.

Thanks Rob- appreciated. I am indeed in the process of developing repros that do "sit" inside the shell. I think I have cracked it, the only downside is it now takes slightly longer to make the repros,

All the best