89th Infantry Division Grouping

776thamtrac

776thamtrac

Choosing a favorite part of this lot would be hard for me but if forced to I would say it's the album. These items all came from Cecil Wilson(no relation) who served first with the 79th Divison stateside. He went overseas as a replacement to the 89th and being a low point man he stayed in Occupation with the 83rd through 1946. Cecil had some serious photographic and artisitc ability as evidenced by the work done in the album. You'll see the first two pages showing him in a montage that makes up the 89th Middle West logo. The album amounts to about 50 pages full of photos. With several pages done similarly to the front page with the 89th logo. I was happy to see that he at least kept an original set of ribbons on his ike! One set he mounted in the album. Also he had the boots custom made while on Occupation duty. Just a lot I thought you guys might like. Enjoy!

CJW

post-755-1178247008.jpg

post-755-1178247015.jpg

post-755-1178247023.jpg

post-755-1178247030.jpg

CNY Militaria

All I can say is wow! That is a fantastic group. Where did it come from?

776thamtrac

Hey man thanks as always for the compliment. This one came direct from the veterans estate sale. I might post some more pics here of the other photos in the album. There are some really interesting shots.

CJW

776thamtrac

Hey guys here's the pic of the label and some more of the items in the album. I forgot to mention that there are three of those paper Nazi flags glued in the album not just the one I showed. Enjoy,

CJW

post-755-1178325089.jpg

post-755-1178325098.jpg

post-755-1178325105.jpg

These are the kind of groupings that drive my collecting bug. Congrats on the awesome group, all these groupings make me jeolious!

thanks for showing,

Brandyn

Wonder why the short length of "Frozen Meat" medal rribbon?

possible worn in lieu of a EKII ribbon in the buttonhole?