12 inch GI Joe's (newer ones)

Fly USMC

John,

My Mom threw away all of my GI Joe stuff when I left for college. About 10 years ago, I started collecting them again. I have waaay too many. Besides GI Joes, I also collected the figures made by the Dragon company which are 12 inch figures just like GI Joe. I stopped collecting them about 6 months ago when I found this forum and started collecting patches :w00t: . Patches take up ALOT less room :lol:

...Kat

pathfinder505

When Lee Ermy did his show Mail Call. He found the perfect way to dispose of GI Joe dolls. I never blew any up but we did sink a few model boat with cherry bombs.

I actually have one of the Lee Ermy action figures. It is the one with the "Salty" messages. :lol: ...Kat

When Lee Ermy did his show Mail Call. He found the perfect way to dispose of GI Joe dolls. I never blew any up but we did sink a few model boat with cherry bombs.

Well, I guess I have a couple hundred. Some from when I was a kid, some from gifts over the years from friends and family.

I have the original 5 star jeep and trailer, the headquarters (mint in its original box with all the wrapping) a backyard patrol Japenese uniform still in its original package, a mint deep sea diver with all incerts, paperwork, etc. Original Joes, original box, boatloads of the new stuff, lots of ride-on things from the 60's on, like soap, puzzles, drawing things, drinks, fishing gear, etc. I suspect I have too much, and most of it is just stuck on shelves in the basement. If nothing else the grand-kids (or thiers) will enjoy it. Here are some pictures:

post-4767-1251039166.jpg post-4767-1251039150.jpg

post-4767-1251039208.jpg post-4767-1251039191.jpg

Here are some pictures:

The original seawolf sub in box, lots of old, lots of new, kinda mixed in. Even have the old Marx Knights from when I was a kid. Couple more pics:

post-4767-1251039532.jpg post-4767-1251039544.jpg

ABNRANGER1-75
Well, I guess I have a couple hundred. Some from when I was a kid, some from gifts over the years from friends and family.

I have the original 5 star jeep and trailer, the headquarters (mint in its original box with all the wrapping) a backyard patrol Japenese uniform still in its original package, a mint deep sea diver with all incerts, paperwork, etc. Original Joes, original box, boatloads of the new stuff, lots of ride-on things from the 60's on, like soap, puzzles, drawing things, drinks, fishing gear, etc. I suspect I have too much, and most of it is just stuck on shelves in the basement. If nothing else the grand-kids (or thiers) will enjoy it. Here are some pictures:

post-4767-1251039166.jpg post-4767-1251039150.jpg

post-4767-1251039208.jpg post-4767-1251039191.jpg

Holy Cow! That is a collection! Nice! :thumbsup:

I have a few of my GI Joes and accessories from 35+ years ago, however I was very hard on them and they all have cracked joints, missing feet, etc... The one that is the most intact is an Australia GI Joe with the signature hat and I even still have the small medal Victoria Cross that came with it.

The original seawolf sub in box, lots of old, lots of new, kinda mixed in. Even have the old Marx Knights from when I was a kid. Couple more pics:

post-4767-1251039532.jpg post-4767-1251039544.jpg

Jeb137, I am afraid we will have to airbrush the Noble Knights out of the photos as they are not US troops! :lol: Great collection!

Y'all are lucky.

When these first came out, my somewhat traditional and conservative ex-USMC father refused to let me play with these as they were "little girl dolls".

My explanation that they came with camo fatigues, hand grenades and .50 cal machine guns still did not make them macho enough for my benefit.

Ten years later, my brother who was 8 years my junior had a free run with these, including the original Jeep and trailer, with spotlight and recoiless rifle. So much for being the eldest child.

Since I was denied these toys, I decided to have my revenge by going into the Army and playing with the full scale versions.

For my son, we have a modest 3 3/4 inch collection, which takes up much less space.

All of my vintage GI Joe action figures and equipment were stored in my parents attic when I went away to college, directly above my idiot, kid sisters bedroom. She left a candle burning unattended one night, caught her bedroom on fire and those along with all of my childhood treasures literally went up in smoke. Sure sucked to be me. Now I have a meager collection of WWII Dragon figures I use for decoration on my office bookshelves, where I keep my reference books. I kit bashed them a lot and tried to collect figures showing soldiers from the different countries armies. Here they are.

post-299-1251122922.jpg

I collected 12" action figures back around 2000 - 2003 then got tired of it and got rid of them on ebay

I still have one timeless collection with vintage AT fuzz head I installed :lol:

and one original painted head action marine 1964 era I found recently at a thrift store for $3

I also have one female Viet Cong Scout figure still in the box.

the eyes :w00t: to my 9 year old boy fell out when he watched this post

now he has a new hobby and i will have a shrunken wallet :wacko::D

cheers ken and my son erlend (9 year)

All of my vintage GI Joe action figures and equipment were stored in my parents attic when I went away to college, directly above my idiot, kid sisters bedroom. She left a candle burning unattended one night, caught her bedroom on fire and those along with all of my childhood treasures literally went up in smoke. Sure sucked to be me. Now I have a meager collection of WWII Dragon figures I use for decoration on my office bookshelves, where I keep my reference books. I kit bashed them a lot and tried to collect figures showing soldiers from the different countries armies. Here they are.

I love Dragon Zeke! :w00t:

Anyone know what the original series run of GI Joes from the 1960's are worth? I also used to have the jeep with trailer, and helicpoter.

The prices for everything depends on what people are willing to pay. Ebay changed the prices of a lot of things. I find most book list-prices are off the mark. The best way to get current prices is to watch ebay for a few months and take an average of what any one item sells for. Sometimes ebay buyers get a great deal, other times I wonder why someone would be willing to pay that price.

As expected the 5 star Jeep prices very according to condition. Things to look for on the Jeep and trailer is overall good condition (steering wheel, shift lever, tires, etc), the trailers hitch (most have been repaired or are broken), and does it have the flag (unbroken), Does the spot light work?, does the rocket launcher work? and does it have all the other parts. Original Boxes are a plus. I'd put a range of A$75.00 to $350. on a jeep set.

The Helo came in a couple of different sets. My favorite is "The search for the stolen Idol" Again, shape / condition counts. The helo's "Popped" together and often as not, the pieces snapped off and were repired with model airplane glue. Also the clear plastic windshield generally got scratched up. Helo's were a AT item and don't generally command the earlier prices, so $50 - 150 is a good ballpark.

If nothing else, an items worth is ONLY what someone is willing to pay. No matter what any book says.

Jon B

Newaygo MI

My Grandmother used to buy two of everything that came out each year for GI Joe... one set for me and one for my brother... This was from oh... 1964 on. One year, I got the jeep and trailer with the gun and searchlight... The plastic projectiles got confiscated when my dad told me to shoot mom in the butt... :twothumbup:

Years later, I still had all that stuff... clear up till when the Adventure team stuff came out... to include the big yellow helicopter. I even had the mercury space ship. Then, after moving to a new house and finding it had old paper covered wiring, dad called a friend in to rewire the house. while up in the attic, (which happened to be my chosen area to get alone time hence, its where I kept all my stuff), he spied my collection of Joes... and told my dad he'd do the job for my collection and $100. I came home from school one day and my stuff was gone!!! When I asked what happened to it, Dad was uinrepentant... he'd saved probably $500 on having the house rewired.

I still feel like crying when I see what Original Joes go for these days.

I have a few of the newer Dragon figures... they are pretty detailed... I'll get some pictures of them when I can this week.

Wayne