PARTROOPER JUMP BADGES

Here are my recent arrivals, I was wondering if anyone can provide more info about them. I would like to know if they are authentic or not.

Thank you,

Jason

post-6682-1250911780.jpg

post-6682-1250911790.jpg

post-6682-1250911797.jpg

post-6682-1250911804.jpg

The Gemsco wing is a classic WWII pattern. Nice wing. The GI wing is post war, I would say 1960's or so. The other one is likely a VN era wing, but the jump wing experts can tell you more about that than I can.

Patrick

this is probably a stupid question but is that last of jump wings US issue as ive never seen any like that so far :think:

South Vietnam Airborne Wings

Here are my recent arrivals, I was wondering if anyone can provide more info about them. I would like to know if they are authentic or not.

Thank you,

Jason

The senior wing looks like a 50's or 60's wing. The Gemsco appears to be a nice WWll wing, which came in basic only, and the last one looks much like a South Vietnameese wing, but I have never seen one with this construction or with all the extra stars. It looks "Newer". I havent seen it an any of my wings books.

The senior wing looks like a 50's or 60's wing. The Gemsco appears to be a nice WWll wing, which came in basic only, and the last one looks much like a South Vietnamese wing, but I have never seen one with this construction or with all the extra stars. It looks "Newer". I haven't seen it an any of my wings books.

BUF (Bottomline Up Front) I believe that they are all authentic and are a Great Group of wings!! I especially like the WWII Gemsco wings as will, if you ever want to sell them email me :thumbsup: The Senior Wings look like 1950 period wings but I could not id the at at Andrew Lipps http://www.wartimecollectables.com/ HLP is a maker mark I cannot ID maybe someone else can. The Ster stands for sterling silver and the G.I. are stands for Government Issue.

The Vietnamese Senior Jump Wings are curious in that they have what look like two combat jump stars. :think: Did all three sets of wings come together? Did you get them from a vet or the family. It could be that the individual had made combat jumpes with the Vietnamese that where not recognized buy the US Army there fore he placed the jump stars on his Vietnamese wings. :rolleyes:

Again a great group and if you ever want to trade or sale them let me know. :thumbsup:

Regards

John