9th Division homefront collection

AAAO

I have quite a bit more I have to take pictures of so I'll try to post those in this thread soon.

First is a 9th Division pennant from Fort Bragg.

Second is an early variation 9th Division patch. Guys with the 9th in 41 were issued these patches, but you also see them occasionally on later-war uniforms.

Third is a 60th Infantry Ring. It looks like somebody wore this ring for a very long time.

Fourth is a 1941 9th ID anniversary newspaper. I have a bunch of other 9th Division newspapers that I'll probably put in their own thread.

Fifth is a Fort Bragg pass card. Could have been a relative of a 9th Division enlistee, but I've never looked into it.

Last for now is a Christmas ornament from Fort Bragg in its original box.

I'll post more as I get pictures.

post-7472-1250841059.jpg

post-7472-1250841066.jpg

post-7472-1250841071.jpg

post-7472-1250841081.jpg

william kennington

Very nice to see some 9th infantry, my father was with k company 60th at fort bragg in 1941 and stayed with the same till the end of the war. he was a rifleman had 8 campains. Discharged back at bragg july 1945.

I also collect 9th division. thanks again for showing your display.

fortworthgal

Cool stuff!

My grandfather served in the 9th (E Co., 47th) and was KIA in the Huertgen Forest in November 1944. He was a draftee and trained at Ft. McClellan, AL. I have a couple of interesting 9th items as well.

Great items and great outfit!

39th Infantry liberated my hometown in Normandy.

I try to visit all 9th Division battlefields in Europe. I've already been to Thala, El Guettar, Sened, Maknassy, Sedjenane, Bizerte in Tunisia. There are still a lot of things in El Guettar, Axis trenches and US foxholes on each side of the hills, very impressive. Next step will be Sicily I guess!

I also have a few things about the Division, homefront and battlefield!

• 2 weeks later...

fortworthgal, I think I have a unit photo of Co. K 60th Inf. at Bragg. Next time I'm home I'll see if my memory serves me well, and I could send you a scan of him in that photo. I also have all of the unit yearbooks from Fort Bragg, so your grandfather will be in there as well.

tweedie, it's me, Mark J. I finally got around to joining the forum :)

Anybody who has any 9th items, I'd love to see them. I'd say my collection is about 90% focused on the 9th ID.

fortworthgal, I think I have a unit photo of Co. K 60th Inf. at Bragg. Next time I'm home I'll see if my memory serves me well, and I could send you a scan of him in that photo. I also have all of the unit yearbooks from Fort Bragg, so your grandfather will be in there as well.

tweedie, it's me, Mark J. I finally got around to joining the forum :)

Anybody who has any 9th items, I'd love to see them. I'd say my collection is about 90% focused on the 9th ID.

Hi Mark!

It's a nice surprise!

about the 9th, I'm searching for a Captain named William E. Kotary... he maybe served in the 60th Infantry after WWII.

If someone has info about him, it would be great!