USMC 1219c2 knife Camillus, NY, USMC

Sergeant Brown

Sergeant Brown

Hi Guy’s,

This I bought together with a WW2 USMC HBT 1941.

It’s a USMC 1219c2 knife Camillus, NY, USMC, so it says on the guard of the knife.

With the information I could find on the forum I can date it back from 1944 until 1974.

Because;

-In 1944, the government specification for these knives was changed moving the markings to the guard, according to Greg Robinson.

-Until February 1974 when the N.Y. was dropped from the marking line, according to Bayonetman.

On the leather scabbard I can’t find any markings or information.

Because I bought the knife with the jacket, I may assume this would be a WW2 version, or a post war one?

I know I must be careful saying this, because you never the hole story/ truth.

And I don’t know the guy how sold the jacket and the knife to me. But he told my he got it from a Veteran. (Nice selling story, but I can’t confirm it.)

Some outstanding features which attracted my attentions are the leather wristband and the shaved handle/ hilt.

Perhaps some of you, which have much more information and knowledge then I do, could tell me a better date on this knife?

And have you seen this before with the leather wristband and shaved handle/ hilt?

Thanks,

Mark

post-6885-1250606087.jpg

post-6885-1250606130.jpg

post-6885-1250606150.jpg

post-6885-1250606180.jpg

post-6885-1250606204.jpg

Just my thoughts.

Maybe some modified this for a dive knife.The grip being shaved would lay flatter in hand and less prone to slipping.The addition of the wrist strap also would be a item used in diving so no to drop or loose the knife.The scabbard has longer slots cut in the loop and this would enable a wider belt(like a diving belt) to be used.

RON