Something I see daily Online and It makes me FURIOUS!

cmjordan77

Hi,

I just wanted to make a comment, and I wasnt sure if this should go in Preservation post or not. I think I am trying to PRESERVE The memories of veterans when I say what I am about to state.

I AM ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY FED UP WITH EBAY SELLERS LISTING PHOTOS OF WW2 SOLDIERS, KOREAN WAR SOLDIERS, PHOTOS AROUND BARRACKS, ETC..... LISTING THE PHOTOS AS GAY!

I think its appaaling, absurd and offensive to MOST all of the Veterans in the US. I emailed 2 of the sellers on EBAY asking them WHY they are doing this. I know its probably for making money, but I really want to know WHY they are stating this. I let the folks know that it offends alot of folks (I know I have spoke to 40-50 people discussing this, and it simply just makes me furious.

I think this needs to stop. I am not promoting any negativity to the sellers, or what it implies as I know its an American right to sell things the way you want to, you can have your own personal lifestyle, I just think its a BAD THING listing WW2 photos of Soldiers on the field, hanging out without their shirts on in the jungles of some Pacific island when it was probably 100+ degrees with long sleeve shirts and pants, to say that just becuase the photo shows this, the soldiers are GAY.

I hope this does NOT offend anyone here, I hope I posted this in the correct place as again, this is preserving the memory of our WW2 Veterans.

These are just my thoughts.

Anyone else have any comments?

Thank you

I think there was a thread on this topic a couple months ago. Maybe try a search on the Forum and I bet you'll find it. There were numerous comments IIRC.