Sam Magee FSSF and Gene Frice F/517 WW2

dsc09913.jpg

Thom and Tibo with Dick Field B/551 WW2

dsc00019.jpg

Dick Field B/551 WW2 and Big Greg

dsc00015.jpg

Ignatius Bail, 460th PFAB and Nico

9_drag11.jpg

Ben Barrett H/517, Merle Mc Morrow 460th PFAB (back)

dsc09914.jpg

Sam Magee FSSF WW2

dsc09922.jpg

Hal Bedow and Lt Lud Gibbons - 517th WW2

dsc09924.jpg

Ignatius Bail - 460th PFAB - 517th

dsc09926.jpg

Dick Field B/551st PIB and Gene Frice F/517th WW2.

dsc09927.jpg

General Apathy

Hi Dogface, the boy's did good, and it is good to see so many happy veterans as well, please pass on my congratulations to everyone, our little red cross friend must be one of the most travelled collectors he turns up everywhere.

Cheers ( Lewis )

and of course say hello to your mum for me, lovely lady.

Hello,

Thanks for your nice comments. Hi Ken good to hear from you; yes our little red cross friend was there, we have a special topic running about him on a French forum with loads of photos. I can provide the link.

Here are two mini videos I took of my friend Lt Lud Gibbons H&I Co 517th all the way in Southern France.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_3mgJw2P4o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNOSe8NP4oQ

First video he receives the French "Legion d'Honneur" and on the second one he dimisses reenactors

from the Commemorative "Dragoon March".

Hi Johan,

I was sure you would enjoy seeing our friend globetrotter!

If you want me to post the Titus gallery somewhere on the forum in a "Misc" section I will do

it with pleasure. Pics range from Zulu war, Spanish war, 14-18 in the trenches, and a lot of very weird impressions

which I cant even caption!

Hes pretty glad Im keeping a "Titus archive"

All the best, Gilles

dsc00047.jpg

Hi Guiles...

Thanks for the photos (for some reason some the photos aren't loading fully, but my helmet band is a give away)...Just woke up, got in just after 0200hrs from S. France...What a great time, what a tan (should really say burned red!)....seems like a distant dream now....Which reminds me of a story:

Ralph came home drunk one night, slid into bed beside his sleeping wife, and fell into a deep slumber.

He awoke before the Pearly Gates, where St Peter said, 'You died in your sleep, Ralph.'

Ralph was stunned. 'I'm dead? No, I can't be! I've got too much to live for. Send me back!'

St. Peter said, 'I'm sorry, but there's only one way you can go back, and that is as a chicken.'

Ralph was devastated, but begged St. Peter to send him to a farm near his home.. The next thing he knew, He was covered with feathers, clucking, and pecking the ground. A rooster strolled past. 'So, you're the new hen, huh? How's your first day here?'

'Not bad,' replied Ralph the hen, 'but I have this strange feeling inside. Like I'm gonna explode!'

'You're ovulating,' explained the rooster.

Don't tell me you've never laid an egg before? '

'Never,' Said Ralph.

'Well, just relax and let it happen,' says the rooster. 'It's no big deal.'

Ralph did, and a few uncomfortable seconds Later, out popped an egg!

Ralph was overcome with emotion as he experienced motherhood. He soon Laid another egg -- his joy was overwhelming.

As he was about to lay his third egg, he felt a smack on the back of his head, and heard his wife yell.....

"Ralph! Wake up. You s**t the bed!"

Nice to meet our Scorch Team "Bruno et David", Glen and crew, Shelley, Tim, our crazy Italian friends (our drill was letter perfect :lol: see ye in Italy soon Ivano), our Connectiificateic mate, and our French guys, especially David and Bruno for getting our transports sorted...Oh, nearly forgot Alain - "bonjower in the noit, commainnt allaiz vowz? aind whain ahh yoow gownna lehhn a pwopah langwaj loik the queenz Engwish"...

I'll post some photos later...

• 3 months later...

Some nice photos...

I have one or two of the event... have attached one of the US Vets at Draguinan cemetary just before the wreath laying.

I have a load more which I'll sort out somewhere like flickr and post a link to.

Tim

post-8801-1260831880.jpg

Here's what I like about this post---that our European Friends care enough to keep the memory of the War alive. Furthermore, the way the vets are treated as Rock Stars just pleases me beyond words.

Cheers,

Capa