Vietnam: In-Country Army copter "names" + art work

sighgone

post-467-1250460371.jpg

67-18452 - "Booney Bus"

It is believed SP4 Davis is pictured in the photograph above completing the artwork on the Booney Bus. SP4 Davis did most, if not all, the nose art for the 132nd ASHC aircraft between 1970 and 1971.

post-467-1250460470.jpg

Same source as above posting.

post-467-1250461617.jpg

GREYHOUND NO F---IN SLACK UH-1? 502 avionics nose door- "We had to change our avionics door and replace with this one every time we had CC with "Greyhound". This was a *Bird Colonel and mean as nails. This picture was taken at Duc Pho, 1967". Picture and info contributed by Dale Wiese.

* 101st Airborne, call sign Greyhound 6.

From http://176thahc.org/176noseart.html

Cobrahistorian

Some great stuff there guys! I'll see if I can dig out some others. Been busy as hell lately, but I've got thousands of pics of Nam Helicopters. Ray (Rotorwash) has hundreds of thousands!

Jon

post-467-1250622096.jpg

D-Troop Gunship nose art, traditional crossed sabre cavalry insignia with red and white 1/10 unit designation.

Photo Dennis Jorgensen

The Original D Troop served as the airmobile reconnaissance and fire support arm of the armored 1st Squadron, 10th Cavalry, from 1965-1967. The unit formed in 1965-1966, in Fort Lewis, Washington, and deployed to Vietnam in September, 1966, part of the 4th Infantry Division. In Vietnam, The Original D Troop was based at Dragon Mountain Base Camp (later known as Camp Enari), about 12 miles outside Pleiku in the Central Highlands

From http://www.theoriginaldtroop.com/index.html

Helicopter 66-794

post-467-1250631950.jpg

Supporting the War Effort. The first platoon of the 117th AHC, had a popular Playboy magazine cartoon character "Little Annie Fanny" nose art. Here we are attempting to act as "athletic supporters"

From Flickr.com : grapeman's photostream

Cobrahistorian

The "Fannies" were dedicated support to D/151 (Ranger) in 1969. I've got several photos of some of the Indiana Rangers with Annies birds. Unfortunately, I don't have permission to post them from the original owner, but there were several with the nose art! Many "Fannies" birds had the twin M60s in the doors.

Jon

post-467-1250713474.jpg

1st Cav Huey Landing. This is scanned from an old slide that I took years ago in Vietnam.

From Flickr.com, marvin908's photostream.

post-467-1250713767.jpg

Unloading mail and supplies. Originally a color slide taken with a simple Kodak camera.

From Flickr.com, marvin908's photostream.