inside our hootch

stephen

It is just for our pleasure

best regards

I completely understand why you built this and I am envious of the time and room you had to make this happen. :jeal0001: I am curious, however, as to where it is? Is it in someone’s back yard or in an open field somewhere? When you step out of the hooch, do you lose the feeling immediately by looking at modern surroundings?

What kills me is that I have a decent sized piece of land aside from the house with nothing on it but field grass and have several times tried to get “Household Six” (my wife) to approve the construction of a temporary structure like this, something like a small French farmhouse or temporary flight line structure from WW2 for the same purposes you built yours. So far, I have met the enemy and I am hers. :thumbdown: :crying: :( :mad: :crybaby: :disgust:

Might I suggest cutting the "tails" of the berets (sizing ribbons) or tuck them up into the beret like US troops do?

Stephen---I shared your pictures of the hootch and crew with a friend of mine who made his living for a couple years in the original versions of the SF hootches and here's his comments:

" Simply amazing....the team hootch is missing the Playboy Playmate of the month(s) on the wall, though! (Along with the dart board, painting of the beauties in a SF Beret, and several dogs.)"

sounds like a couple good suggestions...keep up the great work

That is good, Real good.......you only need some San Miguel beer from the Phillipines...."33" was ok when there was nothing else........remember "Carling Black Label" for $0.05 a Can!!!! yes a nickle a can.......

BTW you need a few rats in the corners........................

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo
Might I suggest cutting the "tails" of the berets (sizing ribbons) or tuck them up into the beret like US troops do?

Nice job mostly. Any and every beret wearing US Army soldier is taught (first thing) that the beret strings hangint out are a "No Go". Tie them in a knot and cut off the excess.

Rock

Hanging strings is a french fashion thats why Stephen and the boys made this mistake. The legend says that is in memoriam of the fallen Polish paratroopers slaughtered while descending from the sky at Arnhem.

giconceptsjw

Outstanding job. First rate uniforms, equipment & details. I know the effort it takes to accomplish what you guys do and it's not cheap or easy.

JW