2nd Division Captains Uniform Grouping

wdphll

This one is fresh from the family...it belonged to Capt. Charles Crispen of Mill Hill, PA. The Trunk was addressed to his father. Charles was wounded on Feb. 3rd 1945, by shrapnel, in which he saved a piece from his leg. I am VERY much looking forward to learning more about Capt. Crispen. So..if anyone can help me find info on him, please let me know. I am currently waiting for more info and pictures from the family.

Wade

post-577-1177988811.jpg

duarte1223

Looks great! Thanks for sharing! Where in Pennsylvania is Mill Hill? I might be able to get some info if it's close enough to State College.

limestone

Wow, just an amazing find! Congrats!

I'll check my 2nd div doc. This name seems familiar to me. Have you got more info concerning his assignment in the division?

Yannick

Thanks for all your input..and to yannic..no I still am not sure were he commanded. Hope to talk to his daughter in the next few days.

Hey guys, just got off the phone with Charles's daughter. His full name was Charles Ray Crispen. He was a 1st Lt. , Co. A, 1st btn, 23 Inf, 2nd division. His officer # was 0545167. I will be doing a NARA search soon, but if anyone can come up with any new info on Capt. Crispen, please let me know. She also has his promotion to Capt. paperwork that he received while recovering from his wounds of Feb. 3, 1945 and more pics which she will be sending shortly. She also still has his ingraved purple heart in box, which she is deciding whether to sell. I REALLY hope she does.

On a sad note, she said he died two years ago today, of Cancer.

REST IN PEACE CAPT. CRISPEN