RRA227 Finds

RRA227

Thanks! Get trousers? I have 20+ pair of U.S. W.W.2 wool mustard shade trousers. From waist size 32 to waist size 38. Rich A.

nice to see a "loaded" and original Ike - the other loot from same guy just makes it icing. too bad about the pants: they're still under-appreciated to my mind but then there are still lots around - for now...

GOOD BUY!!!! See if you can get the trousers for $50 and I think you have got it made. Even if you have to pay $65 it is a good deal.

The A-11A trousers have sold for under $20 on ebay of late and one pair in "mint condition" didn't sell despite a $45 buy it now price. I had noticed a few weeks ago that some types of heavy flying gear were dirt cheap these days.

• 2 months later...

Re: period films...

It all depends upon their condition and how they have been stored. It's actually better to use one of the very old manual thread projectors than the newer auto threading- and best of all to use what is called a slot threading one.

I have some ww2 16mm I have shown with no problem, but as every time you show it you can add some scratches I don't unless there is a very good reason. Jason 'Bean' Volk has a setup which he brings ot reenactments where he shows ww2 period films in the barracks which is cool.

I once found a flea market in France where a guy had about 20 of the German newsreels- I could only afford to buy two (as I was broke) and one turned out to be a 1946 ish french thing where they make fun of the Germans.

But a lot of that stuff has already been transfered to video by either the archives or private companies. More will be soon as they are going tino a deal with AMazon to transfer it and sell it on line.

Rich,

I second the suggestion that you let "pros" have a go at the films due to their fragility. Another option is to contact an aviation museum, like the 8th Air Force Museum in Savannah, and ask them for help. While your films are more than likely copies, we all know that they are still rare. You've got something special there and it would be cool if you shared them with a museum.

My two cents,

Cheers,

Fielding

• 1 month later...

One of the things I got this morning. Wings,D.I.'s and Mechanic device are sterling. The guy also had his grandfathers coat,service cap and 2 sidecaps. He wanted $50 for the clothing. The coat was a size 36 and the hats were all small sizes. Small size stuff that is common is not for me. Rich A.

Nice find

I think i would of got the other bits as well for like a small group i like to keep things together but thats just me

the.warlord1944

Some nice things you dug op over there.

Those qualifications are hard to find.

i`m looking for one some time but even on e-bay there hard to come across.

The wing is also very cool. :rolleyes:

Thanks guy

O.G-Palmer,If the coat had good patches or was a 40R. at least then I'd buy it. But a 36R? I'd much rather have the space tied up with good size clothing. But I have a small(about 3,000 square foot) house and already have 3 rooms and the basement full of stuff. Rich A.

Thanks guy

O.G-Palmer,If the coat had good patches or was a 40R. at least then I'd buy it. But a 36R? I'd much rather have the space tied up with good size clothing. But I have a small(about 3,000 square foot) house and already have 3 rooms and the basement full of stuff. Rich A.

I'm curious. Do you wear the uniforms? If the item is nice, identified, authentic and fairly inexspensive, what difference does the size make?

I'm curious. Do you wear the uniforms? If the item is nice, identified, authentic and fairly inexspensive, what difference does the size make?

Probably because people want larger items that fit on display torsos, etc., and therefore, smaller items are harder to sell.

BTW, a 3,000 sq. ft. house isn't all that small!

ath,I do not wear them. I am told that the larger sizes were produced in less quantities.So it is better to have these as a collector. I do not consider size if I am buying German,Italian or Japanese clothing. I like "human" sizes in these fields though. I like to wear my original German non reversable splinter pattern camo padded jacket and M-43 hats. Why? Because I can and do not care. Is the $50 asking price cheap? Not to me. Maybe $20. Besides it is was sold when I walked by later. So it will be on e-bay or WAF soon.

Nack,My house is small. Way smaller than most of my friends. Rich A.

• 2 months later...

Some of the things I got this morning.USMC Boyt 1944 backpack,most of a fishing kit,unnamed Purple Heart in box,1940&1941USQMC sugar bowls?,Medical Dept. jar no lid,Good Conduct medal w/ribbon bar&button hole pin,WW1 Victory Medal w/Defensive Sector&Muse-Argonne bars and a 1914-1918 World War /PEACE(on keystone) medal. Rich A. in Pa.

shrapneldude

GREAT HAUL my man. Especially like the PH and the USMC pack!! Thanks for posting! Can you post a close-up of the keystone? is it for sale?

Spent my Monday in a cubicle crying.gif.

Nice finds, you guys and your northern flea markets. Wish I still lived up there. (Ohio transplant to TX many yrs ago). Just seems like alot of stuff still pops up in the North.

Troy

Spent my Monday in a cubicle crying.gif.

Nice finds, you guys and your northern flea markets. Wish I still lived up there. (Ohio transplant to TX many yrs ago). Just seems like alot of stuff still pops up in the North.

Troy

Troy, if you live in the DFW area there is a Monday Tuesday fleamarket in Southlake. But get there early! About 4 am should do it, oh and bring a flashlight. Dave

Troy, if you live in the DFW area there is a Monday Tuesday fleamarket in Southlake. But get there early! About 4 am should do it, oh and bring a flashlight. Dave

used to be the rule of thumb at the Silver Springs market in PA, too. that is, if the sellers weren't holding items in their cars for the dealers they knew pinch.gif

Brig,The flea market is all year round. I only go if it is going to be 40F. at least outside. I am told now Silver Springs is most new stuff.

Sharpneldude,I will try to get a good pic of the badge.

Bank Vault,You are welcome to come along. But I go early and I still missed a blade marked/dated M-3.

Troy13,Your day did not sound like fun. Rich A. in Pa.

Silver Spring shut down a couple years ago because they sold their lot. Most of the sellers set up in a lot at an old fairgrounds up Market Street between Carlisle and Rt 15. I used to make out pretty well at Silver Springs

Brig,I did not know. Roots in Manheim is on Tuseday.

Shrapneldude,Here is a pic. It is as good as I can do. It is made by the Philadelphia BadgeCo. I have another keystone shaped badge. It is from the Pennsylvania Railroad Company. Rich A. in Pa.

• 3 weeks later...

Some of the stuff I got yesterday.1944Sleeping Bag has all tags&1945 cover has makers tags outside,gas mask bag,steel 40mm Mk-3 U.S.N. shell case,size 6 7/8 W.W.1 sidecap,"trench art"letter opener 9/14/44 Dick Vause Guadalcanal. Rich A. in Pa.

• 2 weeks later...

Got all this stuff at the Ag-Hall gun show in Allentown,Pa. friday night. The U.S.M.C. stove was $3. The W.W.1 U.S. 18 collar disc and pinback D.I. was $5. The cut edge 101st. patches were $10. The 2 books and bayonet were $80. Rich A. in Pa.