RRA227 Finds

RRA227

do they have a dumpster behind Goodwill? maybe you should start checking the dumpster?

I can speak with authority on this subject. Having been a Garbage Man for the last 24 years I am a master of the fine arts of Dumpster Diving!

Our Goodwill has a enclosed compactor. There is no way to get inside to the goodies.

I have been at the landfill when they dumped the compactor. Lots of good stuff but the landfill attendants wont let you go shopping.

I do remember the good ole days when you would fight with the attendants over the goods just like a bunch of seagulls!

Ahhhh the good ole days. I'm a boss now so I am more worried about my guys safety than the goodies. But if I can find stuff AND be safe then its all good!

Happy Scrounging!

Brian Dentino

Some guys have all the luck! Man, all I ever find at a Goodwill store is a bunch of worthless stuff. Once in a while something that I or one of my family would wear, but never any good MILITARY stuff! ermm.gif

Got this stuff at the Salvation Army Store this morning. DPM British??? smock. It is big on me so I bought it. 11/4/42 dated Dark O.D. officer coat,no belt,insignia removed. Dark O.D. Ike jacket all insignia removed. Paid $28 for all. Rich A. in Pa.

Rich,

Nice finds.That is a Brit DPM jacket,I would guess fairly modern should have a Nato number on the tag.The officers jacket appears to have the felt leadership tabs on epaulets.Good hunting,

RON

bravo_2_zero
Rich,

Nice finds.That is a Brit DPM jacket,I would guess fairly modern should have a Nato number on the tag.The officers jacket appears to have the felt leadership tabs on epaulets.Good hunting,

RON

The Brit jacket is Soldier94 which was a flash in the pan system that 1 year and then withdraw due to the cloth being very poor. the color came out after only a few washes, the material went very heavy when wet and also they fell apart very quickly. The camo print was issued like German WW2 in season prints, Spring,summer,autum and winter. The print was also reprints of 66patt to 85patt depending on seasonal colour. Like ERDL from Vietnam with brown/Lime ERDL soldiers would be often wear mix and match, nearly every soldier had a different colour to the next unless private purchased .What you have there is the summer colour with bright greens and soft browns.

Thanks guys!

bravo_2_zero,Thanks for the jacket id.. I did not know whom made it but it was a big size. For $8 I did not think it was to bad.

doyler,The leadership tabs on the coats look kind of like the colours of my German W.W.2 wool coats and W.W.2 Police clothing I have. The Ike lining looks like the lining on my German W.W.2 non-reversable padded splinter camo coat. I think the Ike is theater made. Rich A. in Pa.

Odd I found that the S94 jackets and trousers were fantastic for warmth and long lasting. I have had my set for years and it’s still going albeit very worn but still holing whilst the rip stop and S95s that the rest of my unit got have been replaced countless times.

Nice finds

O.G-Palmer,Thanks. Do you know what the "pouch" attached to the inside back is for? I was wondering.

doyler,There are no tags or marks. But it has PRYM maker snaps.

jayhawkhenry,You are correct. Rich A. in Pa.

Is it like a flap that has two buttons on? If so to be honest I have not idea what it was intended for but I have used that just to keep my map and a few other bits hidden away.

bravo_2_zero
O.G-Palmer,Thanks. Do you know what the "pouch" attached to the inside back is for? I was wondering.

doyler,There are no tags or marks. But it has PRYM maker snaps.

jayhawkhenry,You are correct. Rich A. in Pa.

I never found that out either . The Irish cold weather smocks have an 'cold insert' to make waterproof thermal seat inside their jackets.

im0023526kl.jpg

im0023560pp.jpg

It could be for that but the pads never get issued or were not made in the end. I do know it's very uncomfortable putting things in there with webbing or bergen on, also make your bottom huge like a hoochie moma :blink:

Got this stuff this morning.ATTACK magazine.Japanese,Philippine,Guatemalan&German money.Hawaiian Islands,ChesapeakBay&Mekong Delta maps,large and small Liberty Loan posters on board and wrapped in plastic. $35 for all. Rich A. in Pa.

Got this stuff at the flea market yesterday.American Legion dinner plates and ?? covered container. Tea cup marked Germany U.S. Zone and 20 1903 dated Portugese training ammo in paper wrappers. $18 for the legion stuff and ammo. Tea cup was free. It was unsold on a auction table. It was going to be thrown in the dumpster if I did not take it. Rich A. in Pa.

Got this stuff at the flea market and the thrift store. Flight suit looks like my WN-1 but has a pen pocket on the sleeve and a few other different things,EACO1945 canteen cup,ACA 1918 canteen,ACMCO 1942 mess tin marked M.F. 7/49 F71 Bull*hit,1967 insect head net,A.A.C. sidecap,pair size 2 leggings,pair sox,sewing kit,,size 7 1/8 2/7/42 dated sidecap, 4 neckties,2 steins. I forgot to put into the pic the 11th. Air Assault 1 piece kahki cut edge patch I got. Rich A. in Pa.

Got this stuff at the flea markets this weekend. 1963 canteen,W.W.2 leather para chin cup,GEMSCO U.S.M.C. E.M. collar device,U.S.M.C. E.M. collar device,German W.W.2 Luftschutz rubber suit,Italian W.W.1/2 flag,4 pair mukluk boots,3 pair felt 2 buckle boots. Rich A. in Pa.

Got this stuff today.The News/Philadelphia Inquirer newpaper,6x30 binoculars,4 W.W.1 photographs,Christmas dinner 1943 Parris Island,U.S.M.C. Cert. of Enrolement 194x -1 blank 1 used,2 discharge patches,3 Leatherneck magazines,First Republic of Korea magazine,1944 songbook Give Out songs for servicemen,Bureau of Naval Personel magazine,Yank magazine,Pacific War Area map. Rich A. in Pa.

Got da Penny

Rich, NICE stuff... You always seem to do well, Im thinking of moving to PA .. think.gif

Now, WHERE IS THIS PLACE AGAIN???? :lol:

Carey