Help me ID this hbt jungle jacket?!

Justin

Hello, I have 2 H.B.T jackets, very mint. Still have the factory tags on them. But I've never seen these before? The tag says they are Jungle Jackets... Dated 45

Could these have been made for the Invasion of Japan but then never issued cause of the end of the war?

post-2305-1249759691.jpg

post-2305-1249759695.jpg

post-2305-1249759700.jpg

Bonjour,

Justin you're the happy owner of 2 US made Pattern 44 jungle shirts. In early 1945 American manufacturers produced a suit of jungle shirt and trouserscopying the design of the P44 british jungle clothing, but in HBT fabric, with typicalUS plastic buttons and with white metal buckles on the waist adjustment straps. Like the british uniform, this did not see service in the Far East before the end of the war.

Cheers

Valery

PS

I can get rid of one if you want :thumbsup:

Whenever you see W.A. on the label of a US manufactured item of clothing it means War Aid and the intended recipient would be commonwealth forces. Wool Battledress and other items were made to a similar but never identical pattern to British or other commonwealth nations equipment.

W.A. items were also made for the USSR -- Soviet-style garments made with American materials, fittings, buttons, etc. I once had a pair of breeches in O.D. serge, a gymnasterka pull-over shirt in khaki cotton, and and overcoat (with no buttons, just hook-and-eye closures). Also an M1943 ET with no folding capability, painted "park bench green" in a tent canvas sleeve. A fellow collector had two pictures from 1945, New Cumberland army depot PA, with Soviet W,A. items on display and a GI modelling a gymnasterka, breeches and pilotka overseas cap all in HBT. His belt seemed to be made of the same webbing as used for Garand slings, with black roller buckle.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...