Civil War USMC Officer Shoulder Epaulettes

teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

Seller (member williamsmilitaryrelics) recently sold these well preserved epaulets on ebay for $800 plus - fair price considering these are well over a century old now. Goes to show even flea markets can turn up good items!

b3.jpg

With that maker's mark, these epaulettes pre-date the 1868 EGA by 16 years, or post date it by only 9 years, and put them right into Civil War vintage. The Marine owner more than likely served during the Civil War. Rank did not come fast. A LtCol (which is what rank these appear to be) in the 1870s was only one step away from Colonel Commandant. These are more than rare and were worth a considerable amount more than what they sold for. The missing insignia and buttons were probably the detracting aspects, but they are not impossible to find.

williamsmilitaryrelics

well, like I said, it was the first time I ever fund anything in a flea market.... :rolleyes:

and I did a few of them in Florida, most of the time I have friends who find me stuff...

the price was pretty fair to me, since I had a good deal I listed without any reserve....

I always do that.... I'm sure the winner will be very happy with it and will realize (hopefully) that I'm a fair player.. :w00t:

I wish the Ega's where still attached to it....

well..maybe netx time :w00t: :w00t: